Motivation to workout. What's yours?

Options
Want to hear what makes me people workout.. hopefully it will make me go to the gym :blush:

Replies

• Remilia_Scarlet
    Remilia_Scarlet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make it into a game! My pedometer has little games on it that unlock as I take more steps, and Zombies, Run! on my phone is a blast.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to get better, fitter, leaner nor meet any of my goals sitting on my *kitten*. As a mater of fact, sitting on my *kitten* is what led to here. So, down to the basement I go, start up Fitness Blender and push myself and some Power Block dumbbells around for 40 minutes or so. Warm up, work out, cool down, shower.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Oh, BTW, I WANT to be fitter, leaner, lighter and in better shape. Gotta want it, think it would be too hard if you didn't want it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    I think it's fun. I think rowing on-water is the most fun, so I started doing other things (spin class, for example) to be in better shape for rowing, and now that's fun, too. I like to sweat, I like to feel stronger, and (especially as a cancer survivor) some good muscle-using, heart-pounding, sweat-generating activity makes me feel SO ALIVE (. . . and "alive" is *such* a great start on the rest of my day :) ).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    being physically fit and strong is pretty awesome...a little more than three years ago i would get winded walking my dog around the block and playing outside with my kids was physically exhausting. none of that stuff is an issue anymore and have no problems heading out for a 30 - 50 mile ride on a Saturday morning and coming home to mow the lawn and chasing my kids around later that afternoon...being fit is pretty awesome.

regular exercise is also good for mental health and a great way to relieve stress.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    I love being active! :)

You've got to pick something you really like doing. For me, the two main things are cycling and walking. I look forward to getting outside into nature, into the fresh air ... and I feel so much better.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    g0umz8h282lk.jpg

Here's my motivation to work out. I have this stuck on the wall next to my computer at work.

When I feel like not going to the gym - Conan kicks me in the butt and tells me to go.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mine? So I can eat more.