8 months prego, 27lb gain and looking for stories of fellow moms

2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited November 2015
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I'm not sure how much I gained in my pregnancies, probably about 35-40 lbs. Hard to say because I usually lose 10-15 in the first trimester and then gain quickly. The funny thing is though, that the end weight was 205 lbs for all three pregnancies. My body just liked to hit that point.

My kids were 8lb 6 oz, 8lb 12 oz, and 9 lbs.

Within two to three weeks of each pregnancy I lost 30 lbs and could wear my old "fat" clothes. Water weight or whatever. The day after giving birth I was usually around 20+ lbs lighter.

After that first month the weight was slow to come off. My body liked to hang onto it's fat while I was breastfeeding. Once the baby started eating foods other than breast milk, I started to regain some energy and lose a bit more weight.

Congrats. I hope your last month goes well. :)

Either you have big babies, or mine was just small, haha. My little guy was 7 lbs on the dot when he was born and left the hospital at 6 lbs something.

LOL. My family has big babies. There are a few professional football players in the family - big genetics. To be honest, my first boy, at 8 lbs 6 oz was considered to be quite light for my family; he was tall at almost 22" but light for that height. He went straight into 3-6 mo clothing. My cousin had twins that had a combined weight of over 17 lbs; one was 9 lbs or 9 lbs 2 oz and the second was not far under 9 lbs too. The poor mom. LOL.

You should see those boys now. They look two years older than their peers.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I gained 60 pounds with both my pregnancies. 30 pounds of both pregnancies seemed to fall off in the first month. It took me a year to lose everything from my second pregnancy and I'm still 15 pounds away from what I weighed before my first pregnancy.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm one of those women who couldn't lose weight while breastfeeding. I tried it all - logging, weighing food, exercising. Nothing I did would help without hitting my milk supply. But once I weaned, the process has become way more straightforward.
  • MrsSDolan
    MrsSDolan Posts: 27 Member
    I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and have gained 12lb so far. Getting back into MFP after the birth & recovery period, Feel free to add me :-)
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    I gained 60lbs with my first pregnancy (and was big to begin with). I lost 25 of that with childbirth and within the first 2 weeks afterwards. It took me almost 2 years to lose the rest, just in time to get pregnant with baby #2, then gained 55lbs with that pregnancy. The first year and a half after having my second child, I was up and down, up and down with weight. I struggled A LOT. But now she's 2.5 and I've lost 88lbs in the last 10 months.