Loss of Motivation

Options
I have been crossfitting for almost 3 years with about a 2 month break after my first year due to injury. I love crossfit, it's the reason I got fit! It shows me how strong I am and most days makes me feel good about myself.

But for about 2 months, I feel like I am just going through the motions, nothing more, nothing less! I have been maintaining my food and weight for 95% of the time. The last couple days I have actually considered quitting crossfit.

For about the past month I have been looking towards more lifting/body building programs. I just don't feel like crossfit is getting me to where I want to be I guess aesthetically. I want to have the cuts, I want to look like I actually do something. When you are working out 5 to 6 days a week, you should be able to look at someone and tell. I put in the work, now I want to see it!

I am not sure where to go or what to do, but I hate feeling unmotivated!

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting into lifting! Try out Strong Curves (book) or New Rules of Lifting (also a book, there is a "regular" one and one for women - doesn't matter which one you choose). I think if you're not getting enjoyment out of it, it's time to change it up.