Weight gains

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am after a bit of help with bulking, I started bulking about 6 weeks ago and I have put on about 6lbs and my weights are going up in my workouts but none of my body measurements are changing, how is this? I have measured my waist, around my belly button, my arms and my legs but the measurements are the same as when I started? Has anyone else had this happen or does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    edited November 2015
    Well, 6 pounds across your entire body may not be all that measureable. First, you may have weighed yourself on a day after a high-sodium meal and are retaining water...or on a day after weightlifting and still have water retention...or on a day when you haven't had a bowel movement...in other words, lots of factors can influence weight on a short-term schedule. Also, 6 pounds spread across your entire body, and perhaps even small fluctuations in how and where you measure yourself; a quarter-inch lower on your waist or upper arms may cause some differences in measurements.

Point being...don't worry. Enjoy your bulking phase, it's the best part of weight lifting. Eat and see gainz....six weeks is not a very long time, either.