Learning Has Occurred

Options

MFP - teaching people the importance of weighing vs accuracy instead of measuring.

(I hope this doesn't post twice - I thought I'd posted it but it wasn't there...)

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Lol. I learned that whenever a product label says it contains about 2 servings, that really means it contains about 1.6-1.8 servings.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I opened a bag of jelly belly's to portion out and found by weight it had 2.25 servings. I used to divide the bag in half and call it good, so Im glad I measure now too!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Wait until you see how much a serving of pasta is. Depressing.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Love the user name @pitbullmamaliz!
  • izerop
    izerop Posts: 69 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @TheBeachgod Depressing yes... but now I know why I got so dang fat!

@pitbullmamaliz I do this on a regular basis, and I believe I have the exact same scale. For things that require a spoon, I do negative weight... zero it out... spoon out peanut butter (or whatever) because I know I am going to lick that spoon!
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I want your cup.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a love/hate thing with my scale. :D
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a love/hate thing with my scale. :D

You love how much more accurate it makes you and hate being without it at out dinners? Me too man ;)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Totally off topic, but there are some really cute pits in profile pictures on this thread! <3 Love my pittie.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »
    I want your cup.
    LOL I bought it at Target a couple years ago. So simple, but I love it!
    richln wrote: »
    Lol. I learned that whenever a product label says it contains about 2 servings, that really means it contains about 1.6-1.8 servings.
    Yeah, that's been weird for me to notice as well. I would have figured they'd have MORE than the stated servings.
    Wait until you see how much a serving of pasta is. Depressing.
    Fortunately I legitimately prefer spaghetti squash most of the time, so I shouldn't have to face that dismay any time soon!
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Woot woot! Love the user name @pitbullmamaliz!
    Thanks! :-)
    izerop wrote: »
    @pitbullmamaliz I do this on a regular basis, and I believe I have the exact same scale. For things that require a spoon, I do negative weight... zero it out... spoon out peanut butter (or whatever) because I know I am going to lick that spoon!
    That's a really good idea. The honey I just squeezed directly into the mug. Haven't had to figure out peanut butter yet as I'm new to this weighing stuff. But I'll keep this tip in mind!