Hunger/metabolism

This is the general structure of my day this summer...

6AM- wake up, work out until 7
7AM- breakfast, usually Kashi Cereal with berries and Silk omega-3 soy milk
745- walk to work about 1 mile
8AM- coffee with truvia, crystal lite with water
945- stomach growling, soyjoy bar
1045- growling again, chobani yogurt
12PM- short 1.5 mile walk over break
lunch of salad, beans, veggies, tofu, fish, no cheese/dressing though
2PM- hungry again... Apple
4PM- hungry, green tea and rest of salad
440- 2nd job, .5mile walk
7PM- walk home(1.25mile), extremely hungry. Sandwich of avocado, sprouts, veggies, glazed portobello on wheat 4inch sub
830- snack, usually blueberries, rasp, hummus carrots, PB and strawberries
11PM- bed

So I'm just trying to understand why my stomach growls so often and I get hungry so often... I try to eat intuitively and focus on unprocessed foods but I don't restrict anything besides meat. I don't eat much dairy and I do occasionally eat fish/seafood. Any advice or enlightening words? :)

Replies

• pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    You're hungry hungry hungry until 7pm when you finally have some fat.

Eat more fat during the day, and have a bigger breakfast to fuel your morning workouts and walks.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    More protein and fat.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Also, what is the total calorie amount? You might not be eating enough for your activity level.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    You have quite the activity level and even though you are eating almost every hour....You're eating very little substinence. The calories seem low for how much you burn. In addition you barely have any fat or protein in your diet.

Eat 4-6x per day about 200-300 cal per meal/snack
    Protein upwards of 100g per day
    Fat around 50g per day
    Carbs somewhere around 160-240g per day (with as much walking as you do...you need the carbs)

EAT!!!!
  • wohlgangerc
    wohlgangerc Posts: 12 Member
    Something I've noticed myself when I started dieting I was hungrier more often than I am now. It takes a while for your stomach to adjust to changes in the time, volume, and type of foods you're eating. Also - not sure if you are being literal, but a "growling" stomach has less to do with being hungry, and more to do with gasses moving around your digestive tract.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    If that's all I ate, I'd be hungry all day, too. Eat more food! Especially food with some fat!