Boobs and weight loss

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I think age is also a factor - at least it has been for me. When I was younger I would always gain and lose in my breasts along with everywhere else. I yo-yo'd a lot, so I can definitely attest to the changes in size. However, now that I'm older the weight seems to come off everywhere EXCEPT the breasts. I have dropped nearly 25 pounds without any reduction in the cup size. Since I have lost in waist and hips, to does make the girls seem even larger. This is just my experience and, of course, is probably different for others.

I just bought a VS Incredible sports bra and I love it! I was reluctant due to the cost, but had a $10 off coupon. No regrets!
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34G and LOVE the Yogi sports bra by Natori. They are so comfortable I use them as regular bras. I can't wait to lose some weight up there, but I figure it'll be one of the last things to come off.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i am just going to accept they are here to stay. I have gone from 38hh to 32g maybe f now. I am going to go and get fitted soon. I am lucky they never gave me back ache my body has always been able to carry them, it just means certain clothes need to be bigger to get them in.
  • healthy_hermione
    healthy_hermione Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's mostly genetics I think. I really hope mine get smaller as well. I'm an F cup and I just hate them.
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've went down from 32E-F to a 32DD with losing 2 stone- I'm not exactly happy about it as I'd rather the weight went from elsewhere, but yes, it will probably happen!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight, I was a 36C.

I've lost 34 lbs and I am now a 32B.

You'll lose weight from all over - so yes, definitely expect a loss there :)
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I lost 32 lbs and went from a 34dd to a 30c. Am i happy about it? You bet!

I may be in the minority but i much prefer the look of small perky breasts. I couldn't care less what men think about womens bodies. I hated having my larger breasts - mine were so ugly to me.

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I doubt my perspective matters but

When my wife has lost i don't care where it comes off. If it makes her feel better and more confident w/o clothes it's all good.

And as I lose lots my man boobs are leaving rolls of loose skin. I'm embarrassed about how that looks as it is much more noticeable. As I lose the other 100 pounds I'm worried about how much worse it will get.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds and went from a 38D to a 36C. I think you'll always have larger breasts, but they will definitely shrink up some... and then there's the SAG that comes along with it.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I lost 123 pounds. My bra size went from 44E to a 38B. I didn't do any special work, it just happened naturally as I lost the weight.
  • cassique
    cassique Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am back and more motivated than ever to lose weight. I had a couple questions or topic points for the ladies out there, especially the ones with large breasts.

One part of being overweight that I hate the most is how large my breasts are. When I mention about wanting smaller breasts around any guy they are almost offended by me wanting that. However I have had mild back pain for years, and they are quite bothersome while I am riding horses. I have to wear a good bra with a very good sports bra on top just to keep them under control while riding. Currently I am wearing a 38DDD but the cup is a little too small, so I am probably bigger than that.

For the ladies who have lost a lot of weight: Did you notice your breast size decrease after weight loss? Did you have to do any particular exercises to help that happen? Any tips or exercises for decreasing breast size? Are there any people who are satisfied by losing fat in their chest? Also- what are your favorite sports bras? I've heard good things about the ones at Victoria's Secret.

If you too are looking to lose weight off their chest as well as the rest of their body, feel free to add me!

When I started my weightloss I was a 38dd. Last spring I was at my lowest weight (lower than my goal) so I went to get resized since my bras were fitting me terribly and I found I was a 32 ddd!! I couldn't believe my cup size had gone up. However, they told me 34dd was the sister size to that and fits almost as well. So perhaps my cup size stayed the same but my band size shrunk. I'm not sure if there is anyway to decrease cup size besides surgery, although I know some people have had success with weight loss. However, I will say that even with the unexpected increase in cup size, the discomfort they caused had improved due to a stronger core. And with a good bra and the right clothes they actually don't appear as large as they did when I was at my heaviest.

I recently put 13 pounds back on (which is why I am back here) and I notice the new bras I bought are not fitting as well, but again I believe the change is in the band size more than the cup.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and went from 36DD(152lbs) to 34DD (126 lbs). While that doesn't seem to be much boogie loss, the difference is amazing to me. I hated how large they were and now I'm happy with the size
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It does depend on their make up/your genetics, ie. are they made mostly of breast tissue or is there a big layer of fat over the top? To work it out think back to pre-weight gain, were your breasts big then? If so they'll probably still be big after you lose. If not then they must be mainly fat so you'll probably lose some size there.

And then as others said it also depends on where you lose the fat first. I lost about 42lb I think, started at 34G and now I'm finding 32F a bit large in the cups so I'll need to be measured again soon. But I only saw a difference in my bras fitting probably in the last 10lb or so. Before that they didn't change. At the time my limbs were slimming but the diet hadn't reached my torso. So again that's also a factor.

Finally - a vote for Shock Absorber sports bras :smiley:
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    At 240 lbs I wore a 40/42DDD. I now wear a 34FF, so basically the volume in the girls themselves didn't actually change much, mainly the band size went down. (They do get smaller once I get closer to 140. Last time I was that low I was about a 34D.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I agree that genetics plays a huge part in loss in that area because I'm down almost 30 pounds and the girls fit MUCH better in my 40dd bras than they used to. I have another 30 lbs to go and notice a loss everywhere but since I'm from a family where everyone is too heavy, I know I'll never be a B cup but I may reduce enough to drop a few more cup sizes. ☺️
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lost 80 pounds, went from 38 DDD to 34 D/36 C depending on the brand. They don't sag much though, shockingly, but they definitely don't look huge anymore.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    How big were the girls when you were thinner? If you gained in your boobs, you'll probably lose there. Mine have always been big and gains/losses don't have much effect on them. It's all in your genetics.
  • rsergeant79
    rsergeant79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I lost 112 pounds before getting pregnant - I went from a 42F to a 36D - my boobs unfortunately lost all the fat in them and we're just loose skin! Getting pregnant obviously filled them out and now almost back to my original target I am afraid to say they are going back to that state :( wish I could afford a boob lift!! :)
  • lucyleigh4
    lucyleigh4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds and yes, some came off my boobs. I went from a 38D to a 36C. As for sports bras, I still like the maximum support ones. Before I lost weight, I loved the C9 ones from Target, but they just don't fit quite right now. I haven't found one that I love yet. Maybe I will check out VS.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lost 16 pounds and actually went from a 34D to a double 34DD. Sorry, not what you wanted to hear, but there it is.