How did you cross your weight loss plateau?

Options
2»

Replies

• chrissiecastellano
    Options
    Some of these tips are very helpful, thanks for sharing.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Plateaued for 15 months. To break through, drink more WATER. Decrease your calorie intake by 100 calories, change up your activity and be patient. Even after I changed those things, it was still another 3 months before I started dropping weight again. OP, don't do another fad diet. Trust me! I have lost a total of 53 pounds and kept them off x 4 years.
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I got stuck about half way in. For months I could not get out of the 170s. I did not end up doing anything special. Just got a bit more honest about what and how much I was eating and eventually it started coming off again. Down to 154 now :)

This is so typical at the midpoint or can be at any point. It is an awesome time to prove we know how to maintain until the body wants to give up some more fat. One friend lost down to the last 5 pounds and got stuck at that point so she stopped trying. Six months later she weighed and had lost the last five pounds.

The body knows best sometimes and will not let us force a weight loss.

Yeah, I guess body knows best. Thanks. :)
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    Options
    I am on the 2nd week of Atkins diet & somehow the weight is reducing. I hope it's not just water weight.

Anyways, thanks everyone for replying. :)
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Great tips!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    . My thought on the water was that, since I'm chronically dehydrated, that my body just had enough for normal functions but not enough extra to break a lot of bonds in fat

Water breaks bonds in fat?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!