fresh spinach

Options
ashlieross430
ashlieross430 Posts: 10 Member
What do y'all do with your fresh spinach?

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Love spinach and mushroom salads. Here is a great dressing: soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/02/white-balsamic-vinaigrette.html

I made a power bowl that uses it as a base. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/05/hummus-power-bowls.html

Chicken%2BHummus%2BPower%2BBowl2.jpg

I also use it in soups like Tomato Florentine soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/11/tomato-florentine-soup.html

Or this:

Spinach and Artichoke Tortellini Soup
    Servings: 4 to 6

Ingredients

1 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    Black pepper (3 to 4 grinds)
    1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
    1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
    1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
    6 cups fat-free, unsalted chicken stock
    9 oz. package spinach and cheese tortellini
    5 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach
    1/2 cup half and half
    Parmesan, shredded to garnish

Directions

Place 3-1/2 quart soup pot on medium high heat, add olive oil and onion. Saute until onion is translucent and begins to brown. Add garlic, salt, peppers and Italian seasoning saute 1 minute. Add artichokes and saute 1 or 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini, simmer 4 minutes. Add spinach and continue to simmer 4 more minutes. Add half and half and taste for seasoning, adjust to taste. Do not let the soup simmer after adding the half and half. Keep warm on low heat. Serve garnished with Parmesan.

Spinach is also great stir fried with a little olive oil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
  • ashlieross430
    ashlieross430 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Love spinach and mushroom salads. Here is a great dressing: soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/02/white-balsamic-vinaigrette.html

I made a power bowl that uses it as a base. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/05/hummus-power-bowls.html

Chicken%2BHummus%2BPower%2BBowl2.jpg

I also use it in soups like Tomato Florentine soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/11/tomato-florentine-soup.html

Or this:

Spinach and Artichoke Tortellini Soup
    Servings: 4 to 6

Ingredients

1 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    Black pepper (3 to 4 grinds)
    1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
    1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
    1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
    6 cups fat-free, unsalted chicken stock
    9 oz. package spinach and cheese tortellini
    5 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach
    1/2 cup half and half
    Parmesan, shredded to garnish

Directions

Place 3-1/2 quart soup pot on medium high heat, add olive oil and onion. Saute until onion is translucent and begins to brown. Add garlic, salt, peppers and Italian seasoning saute 1 minute. Add artichokes and saute 1 or 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini, simmer 4 minutes. Add spinach and continue to simmer 4 more minutes. Add half and half and taste for seasoning, adjust to taste. Do not let the soup simmer after adding the half and half. Keep warm on low heat. Serve garnished with Parmesan.

Spinach is also great stir fried with a little olive oil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.

That all sounds so good !! Thankyou
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Spinach and mushroom omelets, spinach salads, spinach in tomato soup, steamed spinach as a side dish. . .
    I probably eat 2 bags of spinach a week!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    bst instead of blt, ham and spinach sandwiches, turkey spinach wrap...
    if i would use lettuce, i use spinach when possible
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Add chopped spinach to your meatloaf (particularly good with turkey meatloaf) for added moisture
    Sautee in garlic and olive oil
    Add to any pasta or rice dish
    Use in place of lettuce on a sandwich or burger
    Use as a base for a salad
    Add to omelets or egg scrambles
    Add to any bean or chicken soup (tons of soup recipes floating around that include spinach)
    Put it in a smoothie

So many options...