Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    mydade wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    There are some general tips you can follow: Don't eat after 7 p.m. Your portions should be the size of your palm. Avoid sugar and alcohol, as well as fried and fast food. In the morning eat eggs, oatmeal or whole grain bread with honey. For lunch and dinner try to eat more veggies. Drink lots of water, as well as green tea (2-3 cups a day). Do your cardio 3 times a week.

So what happens to people who work 3rd shift? They shouldn't eat after 7?

Before you go to sleep, your organism is working a lot slower. That's why it's not recommendable to eat in the evening. That is the point. Of course, if you're just beginning your day when most of the people are ending it, you should do reverse, because you will burn the energy at work. The simple tip is: don't eat a few hours before you go to sleep.

Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Your body doesn't operate on a 24 hour clock.

It's not about the 24 hour clock, it's about how fast does your body burn calories while you sleep.

But the point is that weight loss is based on total calorie deficit over time. In order to lose 1 lb/week one needs to create a deficit of 3,500 cals over the course of the week. Eating food before bed one night or even every night doesn't get stored as fat just because you are getting ready to go to sleep...
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    dearja wrote: »
    I am trying a new meal plan and find it is quite effective for me. I used to think as long as I have calorie deficit I am good to go, but actually the it is also about nutrition balance. Pay attention to carbs& fat& sugar & protein while you are controlling calories intake. Fruits are no longer our best friends since they have too much sugar &carbs, and high GI will make you hungry more quickly if you take it as a snack. Try to avoid packed processed food, like a protein bar, since it has way too much sugar. Generally speaking, eat food which is high in GI, low in carb& sugar & calories, like vegetables. Try to get nutrition from the raw food. When you are having a meal, always finish your protein first, then vegetables, then things like bread or rice.
    Hope this will help you.

As long as you have a calorie deficit, you ARE good to go for weight loss.

There's a lot of fuss in your post that is completely unnecessary for weight loss. Great if it works for you, but it's just not necessary.

• ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Don't eat after 7 p.m. Your portions should be the size of your palm. Avoid sugar and alcohol, as well as fried and fast food. In the morning eat eggs, oatmeal or whole grain bread with honey. For lunch and dinner try to eat more veggies. Drink lots of water, as well as green tea (2-3 cups a day). Do your cardio 3 times a week.

Nothing you've written here is necessary or even sufficient for weight loss. In fact, I could follow those guidelines and easily gain weight....many others have, I'm sure. Perhaps these things make maintaining a calorie deficit easier for you, but the bottom line that matters to anyone else is a calorie deficit.