Can't stick to my plan

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    eliaus3640 wrote: »
    Try to make your goal to consistently log your food, regardless of if you are too much or not. It took me a couple months myself to become consistent with it. Start there then you could work on the rest.

^^This. You say you hadn't logged for three months, and today you had healthy breakfast and logged. If your approach to losing weight is logging and calorie counting (which imply it is), you need to log all the time, not just when you eat "healthy." If you ate "healthy" all the time (I'm guessing "healthy" to you includes being within your calorie goals), you wouldn't even need to log, because you'd be hitting your goals all the time without logging. It's probably even more important to log when you stray outside your goals than when you stay within them.

(OK, I'm a little obsessed on the logging. On the rare occasions I venture into the discussions of "cheat meals" and "cheating," it's usually to say that my only rule is that I have to log everything I eat. I don't have to stay within the MFP calorie goal every day. I don't have to stay under maintenance every day. I just have to log everything. So the only way way I can "cheat" is not to log. (Well, that was my rule when I started 2+ plus years and 30+ lbs ago. Now the rule is I have to log unless I have planned not to -- after logging everything for nearly two years, I finally in the past six months had a couple of vacations that involved limited Internet access and heavily scheduled activities with family, so I decided beforehand I just wasn't going to log.)

I'm not saying it's impossible to lose without logging. I'm saying if that's the tool you've chosen to use to help you lose, it makes no sense not log consistently on a regular basis.
  • carthur7575
    carthur7575 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ^^