• laurenlmt
    laurenlmt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You are welcome too!
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    saitiffeh wrote: »
    Turned 30 in April, just starting to come to terms. My first weight loss goal is 60 pounds which will get me to 154. I'm at 200 now after having lost 14 pounds... almost 1/4 of the way there! Looking to make my 30's the healthiest years of my life!

I feel you with coming to terms with 30 :smile: Good for you on your success so far! I look forward to seeing you make it to your goal!
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am 36 years old and a Marine Corps Vet... I will send you a friend request.. I am happy to share what I know.. I am 101 days on MFP into my journey into a healthy and happy lifestyle.. my way of communicating is usually thru daily feed.. and some times a message to that person.. I am not on a FAD Diet.. I eat pretty much what I want.. I just eat more in moderation and usually a bit smaller portion than I used to... no need to cut out everything.. just eat in moderation and account for and log what you eat.. and be honest... then get up and move yourself.. do some excerise.. Calories In - Calories Out = goal...
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    Welcome everyone! How is your day going? what are your dinner plans tonight?
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    laurenlmt wrote: »

I turned 31 last month and that made me realize how I'd let my fitness goals down! I joined MFP two weeks ago, my goals are to get fitter and healthier in the next few months. I'm looking to shed 25-35 pounds for this. The daily logging makes me always aware of what goes into my diet.

Tonight it's going to be a low carb dinner and a round of cardio. I have the gym very close to my home, so no excuses!

• laurenlmt
    Options
    nikhbee wrote: »

I turned 31 last month and that made me realize how I'd let my fitness goals down! I joined MFP two weeks ago, my goals are to get fitter and healthier in the next few months. I'm looking to shed 25-35 pounds for this. The daily logging makes me always aware of what goes into my diet.

Tonight it's going to be a low carb dinner and a round of cardio. I have the gym very close to my home, so no excuses!

I know how you feel about no excuses I work in the Athletic Department at a university I walk past the cardio room daily! What type of low carb meal are you having?
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    Ok MFP family where do you go to find inspiration for planning food for the week? How do you plan your weekly meals? This is something I struggle with.
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I know how you feel about no excuses I work in the Athletic Department at a university I walk past the cardio room daily! What type of low carb meal are you having?

I tried to go very low carb by consuming eggs, cheese, veggies and tofu in place of bread (I dont eat meat) but that wasn't sustainable. So now I've basically reduced the amount of bread and rice in my diet. I've started having quinoa and more veggies. Getting protein from non-meat sources is a challenge at times!
  • zagbee
    zagbee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 30 last week and I really want to get myself back as I head into my 30s! I am married and have 2 babies and I feel like the last 7 years or so I have just lived for everyone else. I am ready to get me back and be strong and healthy for myself and my family. :) Would love to have new friends to follow!
  • laurenlmt
    Options

I tried to go very low carb by consuming eggs, cheese, veggies and tofu in place of bread (I dont eat meat) but that wasn't sustainable. So now I've basically reduced the amount of bread and rice in my diet. I've started having quinoa and more veggies. Getting protein from non-meat sources is a challenge at times!

I think its great you dont eat meat I could never do it. I really want to try to like tofu but I just cant. What type of dishes do you make with the quinoa?
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    How do you love yourself? What things do you do for yourself that make your life better and more meaningful?
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I will be 31 in January, and I'm in the best shape of my life! You've got this!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, not overweight just trying to have the best body possible! Lost 30lbs 8 years ago, fluctuating the same 10 lbs... would like to put a stop to that, just doing my best each day! Eating foods I enjoy, just less of them. And working on sticking to the ones that keep me full.
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    Thanks for the posts!
  • timgallegos15
    timgallegos15 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey lauren, in the same boat, let's do this gonna need some motivation... Add me..
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, will be turning 30 in March. I have 24 pounds to lose, this is guna be soo hard! :( lol
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Turned 30 in April. Went through a rough divorce as well, but time to move on! Feel free to add me as a friend as well :)
  • tamburok
    tamburok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    31 here... Trying to lose that pesky weight I packed-on after my recent (last year) messy, breakup when wine and carbs became my best friends! Need accountability and motivation to exercise. My steps goal is 12,000 - I usually get in around 10,000 at work; where I'm on my feet all day. Just don't seem to want to do anything when I get home. Feel free to add me
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    I believe I added you all as friends please add me if I havent. I am still trying to learn how this works! Tam- I can totally relate to wine therapy :wink: I will be happy to be accountability partners :smile:
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    Question of the day: When do you find it hardest to stick to your goals? What do you do to overcome these urges?