#WeighThis (video)

Options
I saw this in an online Survey I was taking this morning. I liked the message so much that I looked around to see if I could find it to share here. Well I did find it, so here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1I_hFwzOYA&noredirect=1

Replies

• ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! thanks for sharing
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that video is ridiculous...
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is awful.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    The message I took away was "ignore what you don't like, don't address problems".
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I think it's lovely as far as those kinds of ads go. Some women would find it inspiring.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    It's a lovely message. But for those of us that are trying to lose weight it kind of sucks
    I do find it rather ironic that it's made by lean cuisine
    Thanks for sharing op
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Does being healthy not matter? I'm not getting the message.
  • Qskim
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    The message I took away was "ignore what you don't like, don't address problems".

Yeh I hear you but for me realising I had success in my life that I should be proud of became key to me losing. If I could achieve over there, no reason I couldn't over here. I just had to apply the same processes.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »

Yeh I hear you but for me realising I had success in my life that I should be proud of became key to me losing. If I could achieve over there, no reason I couldn't over here. I just had to apply the same processes.

Yea I understand that, and I'm not saying those who are overweight shouldn't have areas of their life that they are happy with, BUT, they also are pushing the weight doesn't matter agenda in the video, and that's just a rejection of reality.
  • Qskim
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »

Yea I understand that, and I'm not saying those who are overweight shouldn't have areas of their life that they are happy with, BUT, they also are pushing the weight doesn't matter agenda in the video, and that's just a rejection of reality.

Well it's odd as @mrsfitzyv8 said that it's a weight loss ad but I kinda understand it in a reverse psychology way which I'm not sure I could get across well lol.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm not the target audience. And good thing, too, because I find it sentimental and cloying. Other people I know - ahem - might like it.

I'm cynical about these kinds of things. Nestle doesn't necessarily want you to feel good about yourself. Nestle wants you to buy more Lean Cuisine.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I'm not the target audience. And good thing, too, because I find it sentimental and cloying. Other people I know - ahem - might like it.

I'm cynical about these kinds of things. Nestle doesn't necessarily want you to feel good about yourself. Nestle wants you to buy more Lean Cuisine.

And if body acceptance wasn't fashionable right now, they'd be calling everyone Fatty McFat Fatterson III. in order to make them buy their Lean Cuisine. Bleh.
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Firstly, thank you for sharing :)

I must say, watching a video with the message, what you weigh physically doesn't matter! Why, who you are, what you've achieved and what you believe in matters (But buy our weight loss product because, well, it kinda does matter) is weird you have to admit?

It is Nestle after all. The company is known for it dubious (and the case of baby formula, downright shameful) marketing.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I like the ad and the sentiment, totally agree that womens' worth is not defined by the scale - to me, that's what this ad is addressing. However... come on lean cuisine. You market microwave meals that are 250-300 calories. You aren't about female empowerment. Know your lane. It's annoying when diet companies co-opt this messaging for marketing purposes.
  • Qskim
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I like the ad and the sentiment, totally agree that womens' worth is not defined by the scale - to me, that's what this ad is addressing. However... come on lean cuisine. You market microwave meals that are 250-300 calories. You aren't about female empowerment. Know your lane. It's annoying when diet companies co-opt this messaging for marketing purposes.

Agree. That's the only thing that bothers me.

I'm a-hem past the stage I need this type of message. :#

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I dunno...I kinda there had been sone dudes in the commercial...sometimes I feel like literally everything weight loss is geared to women....as if somehow, the wish to be healthier is a feminine trait?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

That's not what I took away from it. I took it as don't let the number on the scale define you. That there is more to you than that number. I see it here all the time were people see the number on the scale and it effects how they feel about themselves. Feeling negative about yourself because of a number on a scale doesn't always result in a person making positive changes.
    I know when I felt the worst about myself, that was when I had the most trouble losing weight and was gaining even though I wanted to lose. For me finding that something that made me proud of myself (even if I didn't like the number on the scale) was something I had to do before I was able to make the changes I needed to make to lose weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Firstly, thank you for sharing :)

I must say, watching a video with the message, what you weigh physically doesn't matter! Why, who you are, what you've achieved and what you believe in matters (But buy our weight loss product because, well, it kinda does matter) is weird you have to admit?

It is Nestle after all. The company is known for it dubious (and the case of baby formula, downright shameful) marketing.

Oh, I completely agree that it is a strange marketing move for them.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    125goals wrote: »
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

I took it as ..we are more then our weight.

Sure you are, but there's very good reasons to strive for a healthy weight. First and foremost being/staying, well, healthy.
  • Qskim
    edited November 2015
    Options
    125goals wrote: »
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

I took it as ..we are more then our weight.

Sure you are, but there's very good reasons to strive for a healthy weight. First and foremost being/staying, well, healthy.

Yes. I started to look at weight loss as being about better health (no counting cals, just better choices) to then be better able to do those things I was really passionate about and along the way I became equally passionate about good health.