Work out shoes

Anyone suggest good work out shoes? I'm looking for a basic cross trainer (for running, lifting, etc.) I usually buy Nike's.

ALSO! Anyone suggest a good place to find bathing suits for specific body types? (athletic, etc.)

THANKS!

Replies

• lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    I only buy Victoria's Secret suits.

New Balance have been best for me for my indoor aerobics and jogging outside.
  • rachiefofo
    rachiefofo Posts: 34 Member
    I usually go for the VS suits too! So expensive though, but good quality!

I haven't tried NB yet, I may have to try it!... something different!
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    I prefer to keep a couple of running shoes in rotation and I use them for running only--not walking, not doing errands, not kicking around the house. Only running. Brooks Ravenna 4 is perfect for me.

As a general workout shoe for the gym, I still prefer a running shoe but one with moderate support and not as much cushioning as the Ravenna. Saucony Guide 6 is my general workout shoe.

For lifting weights, I prefer a flat minimalist-type shoe like Saucony Kinarva or however it's spelled. I tried the New Balance minimalist shoes and I hated them all.

I turned my Nike Fusion Run into walking shoes but the my Guide 6s also make a good walking shoe if I use my custom orthotics.

So to answer your question, I don't think it's possible to have just one pair of shoe that you can use for everything.
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Nike free 5.0 - great for workouts and running. If I go for a longer run, anything over 5k I prefer Adidas running shoes.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Uh, first of all you can't run in cross trainers....not for a long run.

Buy two pairs of shoes; for Cross Trainers I'm not real picky I have a pair a Avia cross trainers and I like them

For running...if you are serious about running; go to a running store, get assessed for your stride, gait, etc (do you run neutral, under pronate, over pronate); some people don't buy their shoes there afterwards...they say they have to think about it and buy them somewhere else so they can get them at a lower price...up to you. You only have to do it once. BUT DO IT!!! Don't try to be serious about running with cheap shoes that may not be proper for your feet/running/gait you'll only end up with injuries.

BTW - I wear Brook Launch and I love them (I have a neutral gate, but a high arch)
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Uh, first of all you can't run in cross trainers....not for a long run.

Buy two pairs of shoes; for Cross Trainers I'm not real picky I have a pair a Avia cross trainers and I like them

For running...if you are serious about running; go to a running store, get assessed for your stride, gait, etc (do you run neutral, under pronate, over pronate); some people don't buy their shoes there afterwards...they say they have to think about it and buy them somewhere else so they can get them at a lower price...up to you. You only have to do it once. BUT DO IT!!! Don't try to be serious about running with cheap shoes that may not be proper for your feet/running/gait you'll only end up with injuries.

BTW - I wear Brook Launch and I love them (I have a neutral gate, but a high arch)

Yes. Have a pair of cross trainers and another specifically for running. Cross trainers need to be somewhat stable because you could be lifting some heavy weight in them. Runners (depending on your gait) are typically softer.