Dont Forget The Basics

Options
There is always more to learn about what you can do to lose weight but a couple of basic things are most important. Remember these as you work towards your weight loss goals...as they helped me shed 50 lbs so far.

1.) Healthy Eating-Its important to have the right attitude about food (food should be enjoyed and is necessary to grow and give your body energy)

2.) Exercise-Being physically active is important but it can also be fun.Help plan activites that your family can do together.Pick different things you can do alone,with a friend or your whole family.

3.)Calories-Reduce the number of calories you eat and drink. Increase the number of calories you burn through physical activity and have less sedentary behavior (like watching TV). Everybody needs calories. But when you give your body more calories than it needs, your body holds onto those extra calories....which means you gain weight. In order for you to stay at a healthy weight, you need to keep your body in energy balance.

Ideas to reduce your calories:
*Drink 1% or nonfat milk instead of whole or 2%
*Cut out soda or reduce how much you drink. Have a zero calorie sparkling water or Crystal Light. Dont bring soda in the house
*Dont buy tempting sugary and high calorie foods like Pop-Tarts and cookies. Pick up whole grain cereal bars and 100-Calorie snack packs instead.
*Remember to wait 15-20 minutes before helping yourself to a second serving.
*Try not to comfort yourself with food, like a big bowl of ice cream( like me lol) after a bad day
* Eat Fruit and Vegetables! Fruit and Veggies can be added to anything.

Ideas to increasing your calories burned:
*Set limits on watching TV . Aim for 1 hour or less
*Look for opportunities to be active. Like go to the park, YMCA, walk around the neighborhood
* Remember to be active for at least 30 minutes a day
* Set a good example for your family!Dont watch TV for hours a day.

Ideas to Reduce Sedentary Behaviors:
*Reduce the amount of TV you watch a day
*Make a new rule that there is no eating in front of the TV
*Set Limits on TV time.Aim for 1 hour or less
*Remember to be active for at least 30 minutes before you sit down to watch your favorite TV Show.
*Do something active while you watch TV

ALWAYS KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. KNOW THAT ITS IMPORTANT TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY. BE A ROLE MODEL TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS :)

Replies

• Deloresbolt
    Deloresbolt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of those suggestions. Now if only I could implement them......Sigh
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    For simplicity I keep it down to:

Be CONSISTENT. Lack of consistency leads to lack of results.
    Ensure that one meets correct macro/micro nutrients daily.
    Hit the weights...........keep muscle active with resistance.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • meme1997
    meme1997 Posts: 21
    Options
    that's right ! thanks for your information :flowerforyou: