whats the max I should be exercising?

I started walking/jogging my first 2 weeks. Now I am adding low & high in tense cardio.
Some days I will do 3 45 min workouts.
And other days just 1 45 min walk and a 40 min video. Is there such thing as to much? I need to loose 40 lbs by june. But my 1 yr goal is to drop 75 lbs total. Once I hit my 40 lb goal I would like to try some toning and body sculpting (power house lifts) to help create firm tight muscles. Am I over doing this???

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,441 Member
    The human body is capable of doing a lot more than most people give it credit for.

For example, some people work physically active jobs for 8 hours per day ... and then sometimes go out and do something active after work.

Start monitoring your resting heart rate (your heart rate while lying in bed in the morning, before you get up). If it is normally about 55 bpm, and then one day it is 75 bpm and remains there for several days in a row, that's one way to tell that you may be overtraining.

Another way to tell is if you've got nagging pains that just won't go away, or if you feel really fatigued and low in energy.

Meanwhile it is a good idea to mix it up. Have some easier days and some harder days. Do different things. Give your muscles a chance to recover.

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    That's a pretty tough question to answer there. Unless you're subjecting your body to severe over-exertion and causing repeated injuries or something along those lines, it's pretty hard to over-exercise. Especially if you're doing things like walking and cardio videos. I think you'll probably be fine.

Having said that, if you have big weight loss goals, focus 90% of your energy into your diet. All the exercise in the world doesn't mean anything if your diet isn't in line.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    No, you're fine. If you find that you're getting really fatigued, maybe cut it back a little, but you're good. Also, don't wait to start lifting weights, start immediately, your body will thank you.
  • foxchick27
    foxchick27 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks everyone.
    My first week of my walking/ jogging was really hurting my inner left leg. I felt that walking wasn't intense enough. I have found great videos on YouTube for great cardio workouts that I am finally feeling really good about. That feeling when I completed a 45 min intense workout feels amazing. I definitely wanna loose the 40 before I lift. Only cause I wanna make sure I loose it. Adding 5 lb and 10 lb weights soon for a little more burn and sculpture.
    Please add me. I'm new and need the extra support. God bless