how does your weight come off?

Options
hi everyone just looking for people's experiences on dropping their weight do you find it a gradual thing everyday a little more comes off or is us tends to be a over night thing?

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    For me, there can be a bunch of weeks where nothing happens and the scale even goes up a little bit, but then at the end of that I've lost some lbs.
  • CharlotteALC93
    CharlotteALC93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I will lose say 7lbs, gain a couple, reach a plateau, lose a few more, its a very up and down journey with an overall downward trend. Hard to keep the faith sometimes but our bodies are strange things.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and graph the trends. Most Wednesdays I will lose about .4 of a lb.Then on Thursday, I lose about .6 of a lb. more. Friday I am up a few ounces and the rest of the week (until the next Wed. morning) I am slowly getting back down to the Thursday weight. Then on Wednesday, I am down .4 again.

This has been a fairly consistent thing since I reached the 20 lb lost weight and I went from losing almost 2 lbs a week to losing 1 lb a week.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am only on day 20. The first 2 weeks i lost 6lbs (probably mostly water weight) but this week no change.I have just got to keep going :smile:
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    im asking because i stupid;y weighed myself today ( my official weigh in is tomorrow) so im a day early. and it says ive gained 0.4lbs... i was really wishing that by some miracle people can lose over night as ive been so good this week and really thought id lose something.. i gained last week and stayed the same the week before so i really knuckled down this week
  • mydade
    mydade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's very individual thing. Losing weight can be a hard and long process for some people. Others, on the other hand, have no problem with losing weight at all. Different organism, digestion, stress level as well as hormones can really influence on weight loss. Some people believe that they are thinner and weight less in the morning than in the evening. That's wrong. It's not "over night" process at all. The weight you lose during the night is simply water, nothing more. But in general, losing 1 kg a week is the healthiest way to naturally lose weight.
  • tahn1000
    tahn1000 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Down down up down ... I call it saw-toothing. Weighing yourself daily can be a challenge. I counter that by entering my weekly weight in my calendar diary. my weekly goal is a modest 0.5kg a week.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you break your weekly weigh-in routine, you are likely to see a completely different result than what you see on your normal 'weigh day'. Your weight fluctuate's daily - up, down, up, down. This is one of the reasons why I don't weigh every day because I'm not a fan of visibly seeing the fluctuations despite knowing it is simply water or my body doing what my body needs to do. If you have been eating at a calorie deficit, there is no way you have gained 0.4lbs of fat. Just totally impossible.

If I were you, I'd stick with your allocated 'weigh day'.
    If you *do* choose to weigh every day (or even every other day) - prepare to see those ups and downs :)
    You're doing great.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    thanks hun - i had this little person on my shoulder scream at me not to do it do not weigh today leave it till tomorrow... i didnt listen :(
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    thanks hun - i had this little person on my shoulder scream at me not to do it do not weigh today leave it till tomorrow... i didnt listen :(

It can be so tempting to have a sneaky peak, I totally get that - but you've simply sneaked a peek on a higher water day, it'll be gone tomorrow :)
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is just fluctuations. It can be frustrating but at least now with experience I know it's ok. :smile:
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mine is all over the place. I was at 167.4 on Sunday. 170.0 on Monday. 169 on Tuesday, 168 on Wednesday, and 167.4 today. And I know exactly why: I ate restaurant pizza on Sunday with a ton of sodium and god knows what else in it- I didn't really gain 3 lbs from it, buts it is taking a few days for my body to shed the water weight.

I weigh most mornings, and it is always bouncing around. Like others have said, its the overall trend that matters.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i started adding weights into my workout again so my weight went up; but I can tell im loosing because im firming up and my pants almost fell off my butt while i was walking upstairs. I also retain water like a sponge (super sensitive to sodium) In general ill be stagnant for a few weeks, then all of a sudden a few pounds will fall off. Its just harder to loose the weight as I get older. So Slow and steady and hopefully next Christmas Ill fit into my jeans
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Slowly - but that's how I planned it. I lose inches more steadily than lbs.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    My body likes the whooshes. I'll hover around the same weight for a few days, then go up slightly, then drop a pound or more overnight.
  • amandabama22
    amandabama22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started August 2nd, I've lost 44lbs.
    1st Month 13lbs
    2nd Month 13lbs
    3rd Month 11lbs
    This Month I've lost 7lb already, but I changed my diet my big meal now
    is breakfast, I'm trying to stick to no carbs after lunch. :)
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Apart from the initial water weight I have been fairly slow and steady. I do weigh myself daily. I do find I can have a bit of a wooosh. I won't lose for a week and then I lose 2lbs the next then gain back 1 the following week and repeat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Apparently my body really likes to hold on to water when I exercise. I'm sick, and haven't walked since Tuesday or gone to the gym since Saturday and lost 4 pounds overnight.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    It fluctuates constantly. I've been anywhere from 165 to 170.1 this week alone - always weighing in the morning.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Mine can go up and down all in a day. I like yo way daily because I learn what causes the ups and it helps me to not stress over them because I know they are coming back down in a few days if I'm eating right

nk1xj1smj0xx.jpg