Why didn't I do this sooner?

Options
Samoa_Moni
Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
So I registered on MFP last august but never got back on again, and thanks to the encouragement of a friend (thanks Karissa!). I started actually using the MFP site, it's only been two weeks and I've lost 9 lbs! I love the support and encouragement on here.

It's like being in a community where everyone is striving for the same thing and we are constantly lifting each other up. So I'm completely kicking myself because if I started this last August I could have been at my goal weight already! But its ok, better late then never. I also have noticed that I talk more confidently about getting to my goal, instead of "if I ever lose the weight" its "when I lose the weight." I have been drinking water like there is no tomorrow and it's helping suppress my appetite while eating the right things. Every once in a while a chocolate cake will stalk me and I give in, but instead of eating half the cake I eat a serving.

I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Fue and I'm excited that I'm getting back in shape=)
I am very scared though because I will be going on a family road trip from Seattle to New Mexico, then Canada and finally fly back home to Cali. I definitely can't drink all my water because my family might throw me out the window if we have to stop every 5 minutes to go to the bathroom. Does anyone have any "on the road tips?" Plus I have a droid instead of an iphone so it will be hard to keep my diary without the app.

Is there an app for droids and I just don't know about it?

Any tip will help thank you=)

Replies

• Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I would say drink as much as you can, when is your road trip? I find now that I have adjusted to the water that I don't have to go as often as I used to. Maybe you will be ok there, also if you have some kind of food like watermelon then that counts towards water intake as well. I am not sure about apps, I am old school (can't get a new phone for a while as I am under a plan)

Good luck!
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks alli=) if you see some girl eating watermelon like crazy on the road that's me, no laughing=P
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I can't promise anything, lol! Just make sure you bring lots of napkins!!!