Something weird or random that means a lot to you?

Options
kmlong2015
kmlong2015 Posts: 515 Member
So I have a stuffed animal possum that I got from Cabelas. I cried when I saw it and had to buy it. Because... 1yr prior to buying him, my hubby and I rescued 11 baby pissums from the pouch of their dead mommy roadkill on our street. We had them only a short while until we ended up finding a rehabilitation in our general area that would take them in. Not long after, I got pregnant. Mommy bear mode kicked in. And now everytime I see a possum I remember how we saved the orphaned babies.

Lmao Im so strange. Tell me what youve got that gets you in the feels evrytime.
20151113_011412_zpsyltu97ke.jpg

Replies

• oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    My cookie jar collection.
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    oberon0124 wrote: »
    My cookie jar collection.
    Ohhhh quite lovely.
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    fcmtpcfkhxj9.jpg

belonged to my mother. i wear it nearly all the time. i'm not a believer or anything but it reminds me of the ways in which she quit and how i don't need to be the same way.
    oh man. I hope it truley helps you.

• Magnus_TKN
    Magnus_TKN Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    I love collecting toenails. I'm on my second jar.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    q5y8q84blmv4.jpg

1936 Tattered edition of Gone With The Wind. It was my grandmother's and I cherish it.
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    Magnus_TKN wrote: »
    I love collecting toenails. I'm on my second jar.
    Fingernails as well? Or just toe?
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    jsummd wrote: »
    q5y8q84blmv4.jpg

1936 Tattered edition of Gone With The Wind. It was my grandmother's and I cherish it.
    Very neat.
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I love glass ware........like cups and shot glasses etc...and I have a stuffed animal I got when I was about 3 and I still have it. I found the exact same one on ebay and bought it for my son when he was born. =)

Awwwwh. Thats very sweet of you.
    One of my old friends had a collection of shot glasses as well. So many. Lol
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    My skates!

3y1x6ltba1sp.jpg

Nice! Ive always wanted to try skating. Hopefully this winter I can give it a whirl.
  • Dalia444
    Dalia444 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    myeici0cgr9j.jpeg
    My chrysalis
    3g9i8namoybv.jpeg
    3s3e3uopv24m.jpeg
    kr69g1es4wmn.jpeg
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    Dalia444 wrote: »
    myeici0cgr9j.jpeg
    My chrysalis
    3g9i8namoybv.jpeg
    3s3e3uopv24m.jpeg
    kr69g1es4wmn.jpeg

Wow, that is amazing! Do you do more than one at a time?
  • Dalia444
    Options
    kmlong2015 wrote: »
    myeici0cgr9j.jpeg
    My chrysalis
    3g9i8namoybv.jpeg
    3s3e3uopv24m.jpeg
    kr69g1es4wmn.jpeg

Wow, that is amazing! Do you do more than one at a time?

I primarily have the Monarchs (the jade and gold trimmed chrysalis) bc I have more of their host plants in my butterfly garden. But now I have a few fritillary caterpillars and one fritillary chrysalis (the one that's greyish brown). I've had queen caterpillars, also elephant hawk moth caterpillars (those are really interesting to look at in their diff stages - posting a couple of pics) and trying to get a few more different specimens. It's pretty amazing to watch the transformations and the kids enjoy it as well.

g91ie8k4zzkk.jpeg
    zvvxb2jq6id5.jpeg
    q7oitwyxpwwx.jpeg
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Well, this is embarrassing and a little corny to be posting but I'm going to put myself out there. I was raised by a single mother until my teens, dad wasn't around much so my grandpa was basically my father figure and I spent a ton of time with him in my childhood. My grandpa is literally the manliest of men that I've ever known and gave a $@!# about nothing so one day we were dropping off garbage at the dump. At the dump someone had thrown out this "Pillow Pet" which is just a giant oversized teddy bear pillow. I tried to take it and my Grandpa scorned me and made me take it back since it was disgusting and gross. I was probably maybe 6 or 7 at this point so very disappointing I had to take it back.

Next morning I woke up with it sitting right by my head. My Grandpa went back to the dump, got the pillow pet bear and then had my Grandma wash it 2 or 3 times, give it to eyes and re-construct him basically brand new. I slept with him throughout the rest of my childhood. My Grandpa has since passed but you can be damn certain that bear is still alive and well, sitting my closet.

Oh, you don't have to be embarrassed! It's absolutely okay to have a soft spot. Keep that teddy around forever, as a token of how great your Gramps was. Very touching<3
  • Dalia444
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Well, this is embarrassing and a little corny to be posting but I'm going to put myself out there. I was raised by a single mother until my teens, dad wasn't around much so my grandpa was basically my father figure and I spent a ton of time with him in my childhood. My grandpa is literally the manliest of men that I've ever known and gave a $@!# about nothing so one day we were dropping off garbage at the dump. At the dump someone had thrown out this "Pillow Pet" which is just a giant oversized teddy bear pillow. I tried to take it and my Grandpa scorned me and made me take it back since it was disgusting and gross. I was probably maybe 6 or 7 at this point so very disappointing I had to take it back.

Next morning I woke up with it sitting right by my head. My Grandpa went back to the dump, got the pillow pet bear and then had my Grandma wash it 2 or 3 times, give it to eyes and re-construct him basically brand new. I slept with him throughout the rest of my childhood. My Grandpa has since passed but you can be damn certain that bear is still alive and well, sitting my closet.

That is the sweetest, most amazing memory ever! Love your grandpa! Thanks for sharing
  • kmlong2015
    Options
    q7oitwyxpwwx.jpeg

Thats huge!
  • Dalia444
    Options
    kmlong2015 wrote: »
    q7oitwyxpwwx.jpeg

Thats huge!

LOL. It really was. Even the pic doesn't do it justice. It was the first time I was handling that particular one and it felt really weird. It's a moth caterpillar that looks a bit like an elephant's trunk. What's interesting about that one is that it looks like it has a huge head with huge eyes but the head is really quite small in the front and it retracts when scared. You can probably see it if you zoom in. They love my Pentas.