Boo hoo, and other fancy words...

Options
So, I on the upside I have lost 60 lbs. The downside, I barely look it. I saw some pics of myself tonight and I really thought I looked better than I do. I feel like I look better and then I catch a glimpse in a reflection and I'm like, Oh Sh%* not there yet. I am plugging away everyday and I know I'll loose that 36 lbs. I know I'll do what it takes to get there. But for right now, this second, I feel sad and fat... I just wanted to vent a bit and boo hoo before moving on as i think it's healthy to get it out there. Feel it, then fix the problem and move on... I felt a lot worse a year and 60 lbs ago not doing anything. It won't last forever and I'll use this feeling to keep myself in check when in maintenance and beyond...
It's a journey, sunshine and rain. Thanks for reading. :)

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    This site was posted in the Success forum a while back, but perhaps it might help ...

Does your perception match reality ...
    http://www.marisota.co.uk/shop/freeformat/page.action?pageId=7758
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    That's a good way to look at it. My mom always told me that when I'm down, give myself a couple minutes to cry, but then move on and find a way to fix what is wrong.

You've made great progress. The process can be emotional sometimes, I know. I cried after my first 10 lbs lost because I literally thought I looked worse than when I started. Just keep plugging along!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    That was a great site. Thanks for the link!!

you are 17.5% smaller than you think you are...
    Your measurements indicate that you're actually smaller than the size you guessed on the sliding scale! We've also calculated your body shape, as it might be different to that of the model. Take a look below to find out more.
    YOU ARE THE PERFECT HOURGLASS
    Hourglass: A smaller mid-section with a fuller bust and wider hips. The famous hourglass figure is all about curves, so go for outfits that really show off your shape. Scooped necklines and V-necks will frame your shoulders and bust beautifully, while a belt at the waist creates a great central focal point between your shoulders and hips. Think 1950s glamour, A-line skirts and fitted tops to create a stunning outfit for any occasion. If you're looking for something more casual, a pair of straight-legged jeans is a great option to maintain the definition around your hips and legs.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    Thanks for the support you guys. <3
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wow! 60 pounds is amazing! You have done such an incredible thing. Something the majority of people will never do. Take a min and reflect on that. You are awesome!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I do that all the time! You've gotta laugh with yourself and move on...
    First, we all have the most critical pair of eyes for ourselves. I bet there's A LOT you are missing when you look at yourself this way.
    Second, 60 lbs certainly means a ton of positive changes inside in your overall healthy& well being.
    Third, you're entitled to some low days along this journey. Don't pitch a tent and camp out here, but jeeze louise, you're human like the rest of us.
    I've only lost 15 lbs but it feels so good & I'll be trucking along feeling f-i-n-e and then it hits me: crap! I'm still a chubby middle aged woman!! hahahaha
    xoxo
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I do that all the time! You've gotta laugh with yourself and move on...
    First, we all have the most critical pair of eyes for ourselves. I bet there's A LOT you are missing when you look at yourself this way.
    Second, 60 lbs certainly means a ton of positive changes inside in your overall healthy& well being.
    Third, you're entitled to some low days along this journey. Don't pitch a tent and camp out here, but jeeze louise, you're human like the rest of us.
    I've only lost 15 lbs but it feels so good & I'll be trucking along feeling f-i-n-e and then it hits me: crap! I'm still a chubby middle aged woman!! hahahaha
    xoxo

I have to agree! We are the most critical to ourselves. I get what you're saying OP. There are days I wake up feeling thin then pass the mirror..telling myself, "man you have a ways to go." Well halfway. Meh. Lol