gain weight and muscle while staying toned

Options
I have heard a lot about dieting cutting etc and it all gets kinda scientific and bores me.

What if you could get a small calorie surplus daily
Wouldn't that work?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yes you can.

Personally, I do not care a lot about the scientifc studies that can say you can do this or not do this and get results. I just know what I have tried and what has worked for me.

I had no muscles in April of this year and the profile pic is a from a month ago and even since then my body has changed even more since then.

I started out with a small deficit and but now I am at maintenance plus small surplus.. I started with recomp. My protein since I started in April has been 1 gram per my body weight. It is an easy doable number for my height and current weight.

My program is quite intensive though.
  • Al48feelingreat
    Al48feelingreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hear you

I do a different strategy of short bursts of heavy exercises spread throughout the day

intensity being the important factor
    Most days I'll do 60-70% intensity but for 2 days that are at least 2 days apart I go on smash all out

What you think as I don't do protein because of cost and its not that natural a way to get protein

Thoughts

I'm not really trying to sculpture my body just interested in raw power/muscular endurance as opposed to strength

P.s.

I was originally 90kg most of my life and lost 6 kilos and want it back lol