Favorite Healthy meal?

Options
What are some of yall's favorite healthy meals? I am trying to stay healthy but always feel like I run out of ideas!

Replies

• rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Some ideas:

Roasted vegetables with rotisserie chicken

sautéed eggplant/zucchini/onions/peppers with tomato sauce, topped with turkey pepperoni and mozzarella, baked (almost like a pizza but with healthy carbs from veggies!)

Cauliflower soup (steam cauliflower, then slow cook in olive oil with onion and garlic, add your favorite seasonings, puree with some broth) top with anything you like! truffle oil or bacon or curry powder or parmesan cheese, YUM!

Red or green curry, just buy the curry paste and coconut milk and fish sauce, tons of veggies and a protein, you heat oil, add curry paste, add protein source, cook, add veggies, cook, add coconut milk and fish sauce, yummmm!

Vegetable frittata with whatever is in my veggie and cheese drawer!!

Fave summer salad: sliced radishes, carrots, mangoes, sunflower seeds, add avocado dressing (in blender put 1 avocado, 1/8 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp. lime or lemon juice, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp cumin, 2 tbsp. water, blend, serve as dressing!!!)

Taco salad with ground chicken or turkey, black beans, peppers and onions, hot sauce, avocadoes!!

Easy baked salmon with steamed broccoli. Dress salmon with 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tbsp. orange juice, green onions. Put in cold oven, turn oven to 400. Should be perfect in about 15 min.

Roast brussel sprouts with olive oil, serve with chicken sausage (I love all kinds!)

LENTILS! chicken sausage and lentil soup, curried lentil and squash soup, YUM!

Thai chicken wraps, served with chili sauce and sesame oil and sprouts and fresh cilantro

(Can you tell I love food?)
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Brown Rice past with olive oil, fresh tomato, Basil, and broccoli! Some Parmesan cheese :)
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is 8 ounces of top sirloin petite steak cubed and pan cooked with 2 tbsp of butter. As it's cooking add in lots of sliced mushrooms, diced onion and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper :heart: I eat this at least twice a week right now :)

Another favorite is mushrooms, baked in evoo, and stuffed with sausage, diced onion and bell pepper, and covered in 1-2 slices of Swiss cheese. Add a few splashes of hot sauce-sooo good! (just had it for my lunch today yum!).
  • ReikaValtryst
    Options
    Spinach pizza with fat-free cheese and tomatoes on a homemade flatbread crust. (non healthy version goat-cheese)
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Favorite so far:

Garlic Grilled Chicken Marinara with Spinach over Roasted Spaghetti Squash with a drizzle of colatura. Yum...
  • choxmay
    choxmay Posts: 12
    Options
    My summer go-to lunch smoothie. I drive home from work almost everyday for lunch to make this. Two big handfuls of spinach, steamed beets, fruits (mango, blueberries, strawberries) and unsweetened almond milk- give or take on the fruits depending on calorie needs. So filling! Try it out.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Stir fried vegetables and tempeh/ tofu with brown rice/ soba noodles

Homemade pizza (WW crust + olive oil/ garlic + a few veggies + meat or anchovies + good cheese)

Roasted sweet potato chunks with lentils and sautéed greens topped with a fried egg

Baked sweet potato topped with chili

Frittata with vegetables, cheese, and bacon

Salad loaded up with toppings including boiled eggs, beans, cheese, avocado, nuts and olive oil (and sometimes meat)

Anything off the grill - Steak or fish or shrimp skewers with squash, asparagus, portabella, corn, peppers, onions, tomatoes

Chicken thighs braised/stewed with a bunch of vegetables

Pasta with a simple fresh tomato sauce and Parmesan

Sautéed squash, onions, tomatoes over rice with a simple protein

Lentil salad (lentils + grain + roasted sweet potato + whatever vegetables on hand + olive oil + vinegar)

Roast chicken and root vegetables

Soup (so many different kinds)

Toasted thick brown bread topped with avocado and canned sardines

My standby is a pile of roasted vegetables with grain (brown rice, barley, quinoa) and beans (garbanzo is my favorite.)

ETA sardines, can't believe I forgot the sardines!
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    3 egg cheese and bacon omelette.