Guilt on Rest DAy

Yesterday and today I had to take time off from the gym due to not feeling well. As much as resting is great - I feel incredibly guilty and am finding it hard to sit still!!

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Although understandable, you shouldn't feel guilty taking care of yourself. Missing workouts because of health is just as important as not missing when you are able. As long as you aren't making excuses, (not exercising when you could/should), there is nothing to feel guilty about.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Exercise is three a component event

Fuel

Physical activity

Rest

For exercise to be optimal, you need to include all three. The more intense the exercise, the more important each factor becomes.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Isn't one of the points of exercise to be physically fit? If so, why would resting to help your body recover from illness make you feel guilty?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Just don't have rest days...that's how I got over it ;)
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Yea that's why I usually do an active rest day. Some like cardio with deep stretching. Long slow walk etc. Nothing to strenuous like my normal workouts, but enough that at least I felt like I did something. Sitting on the couch all day makes me feel worse mentally and physically.