protien in coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• trswallow
    trswallow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you add the powder directly to your coffee cup it usually works better to add a little at a time so that it can dissolve and mix better. If you just dump in a half or full scoop it forms a thick gooey layer that keeps the inside dry, similar to when you get lumps in pancake batter. At that point you need to breakup the lumps as much as possible, then let it set so that moisture can works its way into the lumps.

If your powder tends to lump, then a better option is to mix it in a shaker bottle with a little coffee or other liquid. Once it is blended put it in a coffee cup and top off with more coffee. If you use a hot liquid in a shaker, then make sure to hold the lid firmly shut or it might pop open.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    I've never found a brand that didn't get chunky and disgusting in hot liquid. Protein powder in iced coffee, though, is delicious.

Yes, if the coffee is too hot protein powder can curdle. I can't add protein powder when the coffee has come straight out of the coffee maker. I mix in coconut oil first, let it sit a bit, and then add the protein powder. With the addition of the coconut oil, this becomes a snack that keeps me full for a few hours.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think it is possible because I saw a protein powder with coffee called Javapro.. i never tried it but when i do, ill let you know.

as a powder and coffee it needs the time not to curdle and mix well. Ive kind of done the protein power mixed in my oatmeal and finally it is mixing well. might be the same concept.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Chicken.

Chicken coffee.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Chicken.

Chicken coffee.

steamed chicken in the coffee, hit it with the immersion blender.. that's good stuff.
  • mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I finally tried putting my Syntha 6 chocolate peanut butter protein in my coffee a few days ago, and now I'm hooked. The coffee turns into a creamy hot chocolate.