Beachbody Challenge

Options
jmule24
jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
Who's up for it? I start on Monday! Would love some friends for support and motivation!

Replies

• sarahlins
    sarahlins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What does it entail? Need to lose this weight so badly.
  • mrstemoxtle
    mrstemoxtle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 2nd round of 21 day fix and lost 10 inches my first round and 8 my 2nd :)
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    sarahlins wrote: »

Since it's a Beachbody Challenge, it entails providing your contact information to a Beachbody Coach, who will attempt to sell you the best thing to put into your body, the miracle superfood (although it's a drink) known as Shakeology. If there's one overpriced bag of powdered tripe you try this year, make it Shakeology (DISCLAIMER: Users of Shakeology have been known to talk incessantly about Shakeology because, DAMN, if I had to pay over $100 for this, it should be worth it.......RIGHT?!?)

If you proclaim that you do not have the monetary freedom to obtain Shakeology, you will be introduced to a glorious business opportunity where you can get a worthless label like "Coach" and you too can spread the word of Shakeology to your friends, family, neighbors.......hell, anyone who will sit still long enough to listen to you drone on about Shakeology (carry some extra rope or duct tape).

After all is said and done, and you have preached the gospel of Shakeology, then and only then, you might begin to talk about fitness, exercise, and Beachbody Challenges, but only as a device to continue spreading the word (and "coaching" opportunity) that is Beachbody and Shakeology.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Since it's a Beachbody Challenge, it entails providing your contact information to a Beachbody Coach, who will attempt to sell you the best thing to put into your body, the miracle superfood (although it's a drink) known as Shakeology. If there's one overpriced bag of powdered tripe you try this year, make it Shakeology (DISCLAIMER: Users of Shakeology have been known to talk incessantly about Shakeology because, DAMN, if I had to pay over $100 for this, it should be worth it.......RIGHT?!?)

If you proclaim that you do not have the monetary freedom to obtain Shakeology, you will be introduced to a glorious business opportunity where you can get a worthless label like "Coach" and you too can spread the word of Shakeology to your friends, family, neighbors.......hell, anyone who will sit still long enough to listen to you drone on about Shakeology (carry some extra rope or duct tape).

After all is said and done, and you have preached the gospel of Shakeology, then and only then, you might begin to talk about fitness, exercise, and Beachbody Challenges, but only as a device to continue spreading the word (and "coaching" opportunity) that is Beachbody and Shakeology.

This is the most succinct explanation of the pyramid scheme I've ever heard. Bravo!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

This is the most succinct explanation of the pyramid scheme I've ever heard. Bravo!

Where is the "like" button...
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »

Where is the "like" button...

seconded... ROFL.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

Yes to all of this!

My friend is on this expensive, very expensive, program. She is thrilled she has lost about a pound a week. And I am very happy for her too.

But I am skeptical about the value of Beachbody, 21 day fix. In three weeks less than her, I have lost more than three times what she has by using nothing more than MFP, the free support of all my wonderful friends here, logging and watching CICO.

She says she needs the motivation of the fee and the wonderful Shakeology magic. That makes me feel sad for her.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

tumblr_mtxweyczg21rh08bto1_400.gif
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

"powdered tripe" LOLOLOLOLOL...there has never been a more accurate description.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

<3 Fabulous description
  • kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Funny guy.

tripe
    trīp/Submit
    noun
    the first or second stomach of a cow or other ruminant used as food.
    informal
    nonsense; rubbish.
    "you do talk tripe sometimes"

Laughter aside, yes it is a MLM scheme so buyer beware. I ordered Insanity and PiYo. They sent me 3 free chocolate Shakeology packets. When I ordered the PiYo on the phone Shakeology was mentioned but I made it clear I was not interested. I then explained that I had an established nutrition regime that I have been using for years. My coach never pressured me to buy Shakeology. I use their streaming videos for variety of workouts,MFP, and my Fitbit.

Maybe taking the Beachbody Challenge is different. I love their fitness videos. I wish you well on your weight loss/fitness journey.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options

So so so true.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

You...I LIKE! :D Well said and all true!
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    true about the Shakeology- but we must give it to them for the workout programs are pretty good.
    If you let yourself fall into the pressure you will buy the Shakeology and you will buy the current expensive program.

OR you can just go online and buy that older program that is on sale and get it for cheap.

I bough Focus T25 that way and Body Beast.

I finished Alpha T25 did 5 weeks and lost a good amount of weight.

Yesterday I started Body Beast.

Shakeology to each their own- but the workouts give results!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    curves2j wrote: »
    true about the Shakeology- but we must give it to them for the workout programs are pretty good.
    If you let yourself fall into the pressure you will buy the Shakeology and you will buy the current expensive program.

OR you can just go online and buy that older program that is on sale and get it for cheap.

I bough Focus T25 that way and Body Beast.

I finished Alpha T25 did 5 weeks and lost a good amount of weight.

Yesterday I started Body Beast.

Shakeology to each their own- but the workouts give results!

This! Especially buying older programs on sale, that's how I picked up Les Mills combat and piyo, although piyo was newer but there was some promotion going on with it. I also have the slim in six series which isn't very exciting but it gets the job done.