TedTalk - The mathematics of weight loss

Options
Great video that explains the science behind weight loss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

Replies

• knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good one! I love me some science...
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Because, MATH!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Technically, that's TEDx.
    I scrutinize things a little harder when they're TEDx. TEDx hosted at least one person who claimed GMOs are causing children's allergies because of her mama senses and because children's food allergies have gone up since GMOs (with no explanation for the rises before GMOs).
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Though what I'm seeing so far and based on Googleing him, this talk is legit.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I scrutinize things a little harder when they're TEDx. TEDx hosted at least one person who claimed GMOs are causing children's allergies because of her mama senses and because children's food allergies have gone up since GMOs (with no explanation for the rises before GMOs).

Yeah, TedX has had a huge problem with snake oil salesmen touting pseudoscience.

This one seems pretty good so far, though.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Wowee that's an awesome video! Thanks for sharing op
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I watched it while on the treadmill.
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Haha, he said do do.

Thanks for the share. While I've read and understood the concept for some time now it was really great to see it in such a fun and easy to understand video. How different our generations weight and health would be if Bill Nye had just done one episode on this subject :P
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    That's super cool. I did know the answer but having all that detail into the process makes the knowledge more meaningful. Thanks for sharing.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

TEDx also hosted a talk by pyramidiot Graham Hancock. That's a big black mark in my book.

But this talk was awesome! Thanks, OP!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Great little video!