Hello! Patrick from NJ here.

Options
DiggingDeep
DiggingDeep Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there,
I'm interested in connecting online via MFP with like-minded, down to earth folks who know how to laugh. I'm 47, married, father of 2. I tend to go through phases of being everything from healhty/active to depressed, inactive and unhealthy. Until a month and half ago, it was more of the latter and it really showed on the outside in my body, moods, and family relationships. In March 2013, I did the Insanity workout and lost 30 lbs and felt great about myself. Slowly but surely the weight came back and then some. I was not happy at all and felt like I'd become totally disconnected with my body, mind and spirit.

A few weeks ago I was searching for low impact exercise videos (the Insanity workout damaged my shoulders & knees) and found Fitness Blender. I really am digging it. I highly recommend it if youlike the home workout thing. I've been doing the videos every day and eating clean. I've lost 8 lbs so far and bought one of their 8 week programs (started Nov 2). I feel better, not 100% yet, but it definitely feels as though a shroud has been lifted and I'm literally thinking more clearly.

My goal is to lose a total of 41 lbs by April 1st, 2016 which will bring me below 200 for the first time in many moons.