Starting over once again!

I lost 37 pounds 3 years ago and it's been a very suttle gain for me over the past 2 years. I used the Paleo diet, gluten free diet and I was part of a group of ladies who we talk with about the diet and try new foods at our weekly meetings and pray for each other and also kept track by emails as well. The group went by the wayside and I found myself without someone to keep accountable with. I was depressed for awhile and then, 35 pounds later I'm back doing what I should've been doing all along. If you have any hints you can give along the way, it would be most appreciated!

Replies

• LindaBader1
    LindaBader1 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm not sure on how I could help other than support but I recently been put on what is called a Mediterranean Diet. About 19 years ago I had lost over 100 lbs & it took 1 1/2 years to do so. Now being twice that age, I don't have that much endurance. I know I do have the drive, it will just take me longer to get there and the will power too. Between all the down hills life has give we can't give up, our health & well being is counting on us. I work out on the WII. I have the WII fit. If you don't have that then I just recommend doing yoga and walking. If you have steps or stairs to your place go up and down them a couple of times just to get your heart rate up. Anywhere you go opt for taking the stairs rather than an elevator if they have it. Offer to walk a neighbors dog if not allergic or watch your friends little ones. They'll appreciate it & you'll get an extra workout. If eating out try going for the fare fit section even on your splurge day so that you don't have a habit on the " I'll do something extra next time". A lot of people say it but don't any then you don't feel guilty and get depressed and go into i need to restart again. Give a reward every week to yourself whether its introducing a new food or just going to see an old friend. Sometime a small thing will make you feel you can do anything and succeed further. That little bit of happiness & positive reinforcement you just gave yourself will do wonders.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited November 2015
    Don't beat yourself up for gaining it back. You're here..just start going through the motions and the motivation will catch on. You lost it before.. you can do it again!
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Exercise has little effect on weightloss compared to food intake. Set the goal range and weigh every day, and log all foods to see what your calories really are.