Coffee! How much is too much?

Options
13»

Replies

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I usually drink coffee 2-3 days a week. Those are weekends or days off work. Usually 2-3 cups a day on those days. Other than that I drink tea. I never drank coffee until about 3 years ago. We went to Cuba on holiday and I drank 2 cups each day. So yummy the coffee in Cuba!! Got home and had to go buy a coffee perk. We had never owned one until then. Headed back to Cuba this winter and I will bring home as much coffee as customs will allow me!! And a bit of rum.
  • emilytaylor7
    emilytaylor7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One cup in the morning and one cup in the afternoon should be plenty. I use a light creamer and sometimes Splenda.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »
    "Normal" feels exactly the same as when I'm drinking 4-6 cups a day (which I do every day). I typically have no coffee from Friday PM through Monday around noon.

My daughter did a science experiment on me twice during her middle/high school career: no coffee or caffeine for 1-2 weeks. The first time was just to test for withdrawal symptoms. The second was to compare vital signs when I consumed caffeine v. when I didn't.

No increased/decreased alertness
    No headaches
    No brain fog
    No dizziness
    More variation between AM and PM blood pressure, heart rate, and respiration on any given day than there was between caffeine week and caffeine free week.

I'm sure quantity has a lot of bearing. Normally, I don't notice physical reaction to caffeine anymore. But sometimes with high caffeine intake during short periods of time, my heart rate can jump up to 120's while resting.

Quantity makes no difference for me. (There are some things which elevate my heart rate - for example an ingredient in the 70s version of Midol - but caffeine just isn't one of them.)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    any amount is too much for me... I'm pretty energetic just drinking water

...coffee or pretty much any caffeine at all puts me over the top! Even the occasional tea I drink is caffeine free.

But that's just's me ;)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    "Normal" feels exactly the same as when I'm drinking 4-6 cups a day (which I do every day). I typically have no coffee from Friday PM through Monday around noon.

My daughter did a science experiment on me twice during her middle/high school career: no coffee or caffeine for 1-2 weeks. The first time was just to test for withdrawal symptoms. The second was to compare vital signs when I consumed caffeine v. when I didn't.

No increased/decreased alertness
    No headaches
    No brain fog
    No dizziness
    More variation between AM and PM blood pressure, heart rate, and respiration on any given day than there was between caffeine week and caffeine free week.

I'm sure quantity has a lot of bearing. Normally, I don't notice physical reaction to caffeine anymore. But sometimes with high caffeine intake during short periods of time, my heart rate can jump up to 120's while resting.

Quantity makes no difference for me. (There are some things which elevate my heart rate - for example an ingredient in the 70s version of Midol - but caffeine just isn't one of them.)

It isn't normally noticeable for me, but there have been times where I've consumed 600-700 mg of caffeine and start to notice an increased pulse within 1-2 hours.

There was once that I vomited after somewhere around 3,000 mg of caffeine.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I fill my half gallon thermos in the morning and empty it by bedtime.
  • Jayz395
    Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I can't give up my coffee, I have about 4 a day,
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Your title is an oxymoron