My new super power!

Options
Is accurately guessing calorie counts, and weights of foods.

When this whole thing started my friends made fun of me religiously weighing everything I ate..

5 months later they say it's a super power that I can guess how many calories are in a jolly rancher, or serving of tuna..also that I know how many ounces of milk are in a glass, or how many grams of rice are in a bowl..

It's just a fun feeling I wanted to share, that is all =)

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Good job, what a useful skill! As it comes to calorie counting I'm reminded of the saying "hubris comes before the fall."

How are you with accurately guessing mixed foods? Like stir fry or chili? Does your super power translate to things like those?
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Definitely made me smile. Are you able to plan whole week menus in your head and add all the calories? Or read a recipe and make the calculation with all the assorted macros? :smiley:
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Good job, what a useful skill! As it comes to calorie counting I'm reminded of the saying "hubris comes before the fall."

How are you with accurately guessing mixed foods? Like stir fry or chili? Does your super power translate to things like those?

Not accurate at all hahaha..and of course I only know my accuracy because after guessing, I dutifully weigh things =)

joinn68 wrote: »
    Definitely made me smile. Are you able to plan whole week menus in your head and add all the calories? Or read a recipe and make the calculation with all the assorted macros? :smiley:

Nope, I often pre-log but I'm terrible at math so I just let MFP determine how much I'm eating =P