whats the difference between these ways of loosing weight

Options
Some people just calorie count and do no exercise and lose weight
Some eat whatever and exercise
Some eat protein and weight lift
Some count calories and exercise
Some eat the foods they like and smaller portions and exercise
Some low carb

These are some of the things people do to lose weight what's the difference between them and which way to lose is better

What way do you lose?

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. Everything else is personal preference or health condition dictated dietary requirements. Whichever allows you personally to maintain a calorie deficit and is a way of eating you can sustain for life is the best.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What's better is the one that works FOR YOU. You have an entire life, maybe try a few of them.

What seems to work best for me with the least hassle in my opinion is weighing my food on a scale to make sure I count calories accurately, wear a Fitbit to get a close estimate of my daily calorie output, and track my weight on a scale to confirm long-term data so I can tweak things as needed based on actual documented results.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The best way to lose is the way that works for you. Be sure you are eating enough calories and getting all of the nutrients a healthy body needs. I am on a journey to living a healthy, active lifestyle and with that will come weight loss. Because I am making a life long change this time and not simply dieting, I am eating the foods I like in smaller portions and exercising. I am older and have tried many, many weight loss plans dating back to the grapefruit diet days. I am a life long member of weight watchers and have been very successful in the past following the Atkins diet. I have even gone to weight loss doctors one of whom is quite well known (he subscribes medication and recommends a low carb solution). The truth is these were all diets and once I reached goal and started eating "normally" I gained the weight back and more. You will get all kinds of advice on this sight. Stay true to yourself and don't judge others for their choices. Most on the sight mean well and I have connected with some very wonderful supportive people.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Personal preferences. I've noticed that once you get a good habit off counting and logging, you learn other things along the way. What foods make you less hungry. What boost your energy. What else can I do to change for the better?

Those who exercise can choose to eat more. Those who work out are toning and building. Those who eat low carb are eliminating foods to lose. Depends on your goal.

But no matter what, for a loss CICO will always be king.

As for what one I chose, CICO. Once I near my goal, then recomp.
  • cheesyP
    cheesyP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    What's better is the one that works FOR YOU. You have an entire life, maybe try a few of them.

What seems to work best for me with the least hassle in my opinion is weighing my food on a scale to make sure I count calories accurately, wear a Fitbit to get a close estimate of my daily calorie output, and track my weight on a scale to confirm long-term data so I can tweak things as needed based on actual documented results.
    Personal preferences. I've noticed that once you get a good habit off counting, you learn other things along the way. What foods make you less hungry. What boost your energy. What else can I do to change for the better? Those who exercise can choose to eat more. Those who work out are toning and building. Those who eat low carb are eliminating foods to lose. Depends on your goal.

But no matter what, for a loss CICO will always be king.
    Living360 wrote: »
    The best way to lose is the way that works for you. Be sure you are eating enough calories and getting all of the nutrients a healthy body needs. I am on a journey to living a healthy, active lifestyle and with that will come weight loss. Because I am making a life long change this time and not simply dieting, I am eating the foods I like in smaller portions and exercising. I am older and have tried many, many weight loss plans dating back to the grapefruit diet days. I am a life long member of weight watchers and have been very successful in the past following the Atkins diet. I have even gone to weight loss doctors one of whom is quite well known (he subscribes medication and recommends a low carb solution). The truth is these were all diets and once I reached goal and started eating "normally" I gained the weight back and more. You will get all kinds of advice on this sight. Stay true to yourself and don't judge others for their choices. Most on the sight mean well and I have connected with some very wonderful supportive people.
    All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. Everything else is personal preference or health condition dictated dietary requirements. Whichever allows you personally to maintain a calorie deficit and is a way of eating you can sustain for life is the best.

Thanks guys

• MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    One lesson from WW was to choose what will work for a long time.