Cruise --- drink recommendations

Options
I leave on a cruise in a week and a half. I am not going to calorie count, but am going to try to make good choices.

I will have some drinks:drinker:

Knowing some drinks are loaded with calories and others, not so much, I am seeking drink recommendations.

What are your favorite drinks that are not loaded with calories?

Replies

• allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    White wine
    "Whiskey" on the rocks
    (pretty much anything that doesn't have something syrupy/sugary added will be the better choices)
    You can also do club soda with a twist of lemon or lime (practically "0" calories) when you've had "enough" alcohol, but want to fit in
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Club Soda w/ lime
    Wine (I prefer red because of the flavor, and it's slightly healthier ...)
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    White wine
    "Whiskey" on the rocks
    (pretty much anything that doesn't have something syrupy/sugary added will be the better choices)
    You can also do club soda with a twist of lemon or lime (practically "0" calories) when you've had "enough" alcohol, but want to fit in
    I was going to post almost the same list. This can be a touchy subject because we tend to not admit we want to get tipsy but just enjoy the drinks and have it "accidentally" happen. But if you were trying to get the most alcohol for the least calories, a liquor that isn't sweet is the way to do it. Vodka gets its calories almost entirely from alcohol. I would go with the wine myself. All those fruity island concoctions are loaded with sugar.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Old raj martini

Scotch neat
  • Garthhog
    Garthhog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Shots of whisky, tequila, etc., chase with low calorie beer. Should get the job done pretty quickly.
  • JSkorna
    JSkorna Posts: 22
    Options
    Whisky at 55 calories a shot can fit.
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd do vodka or gin with a diet soda. I like Sprite Zero, Fanta Zero (orange, or grapefruit flavor!), Fresca, etc. These combinations taste more summery to me than a Rum & Diet, imo.
  • mflinn84
    mflinn84 Posts: 35
    Options
    Some very low calorie adult drinks...

*Champagne
    *Bombay Gin and Tonic w. Lime (make sure Bombay gin)
    *The "Skinny Margarita" is about 70 calories

A little higher calories (but really good)
    *Vanilla Vodka with Ginger Ale
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    sea breezes are great you can log the grapefruit and cranberry under fruit servings...

seriously eat drink and be merry all in moderation except the merry you can never have enough merriment...:drinker:
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda, light beer and wine are all good choices. I will admit on vacation I am a sucker for a fruity drink, so I think you can get a delicious frozen fruity concoction and maybe split it with someone or just drink it slowly and only have one or two. Get some extra exercise in by walking or swimming. Remember to drink a lot of water if you are imbibing in the sun. Have fun!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a cruise, and my go-tos were one DotD, some wine with dinner, and one Woo-Woo shot (or whatever concoction was being passed that evening). :smile: Make sure to check out the activities calendar, use the stairs, pick some more active excursions, and you should be good to drink pretty much what you'd like (within reason, of course!).
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Vodka Soda with an orange slice if it's available. :)
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    vodka/water or gin/water with lime
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    All of the above plus tequila with Diet 7Up and an good squeeze of lemon and lime. All the flavours of a margarita without the calories. But on hols I just try to do as much walking as possible, try to squeeze in some running, go easy on the food during the day, then eat what I want and drink beer in the evening. Have a lovely holiday!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I have no suggestions.
    I went straight for the Pina Coladas, wine, there was some other giant orange fruity concoction that I fell in love with and drank all the time. :laugh: :drinker:
    Then I would get the giggles and start dancing everywhere. :wink:
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Also love vanilla vodka and with Fanta Zero Orange (or other diet orange). Or conversely, orange vodka with a cream soda. Tastes like a creamsicle!
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    another thing i'll suggest: you can bring a certain amount of liquor and drinks onto the ship. check into that and it may save you a few cents
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    something with alcohol in it.