Help with ASOS UK sizes 5'6" 240 lbs Please

Options
Hi

My one of my motivations to drop this weight is to get into this wedding dress! I have found the dress on ASOS website but I not at my first goal weight yet. My goal weight is 240 lbs for my ceremony in April 2016 so I have about 50 pounds to go. I'm 5'6" tall and I'm probably apple shape. I know not everybody fits the same size at the same weight but I just need an idea of what size to buy. The dress is so affordable I will buy 2 and keep the one that fits. It's a maxi dress in lace but fits closer to the body. I love this dress! Please help!

Replies

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Adding your measurements and link to the dress will be helpful: waist, hips, and bust. Without these numbers no one can give you an educated guess! :)

After about 50 lbs weight loss your body will be dramatically different, even your curves will probably be completely different, so I would suggest getting a size bigger and having it altered closer to your wedding. Wedding dresses also run notoriously smaller than a casual dress so keep that in mind as you are shopping online. Always go by the measurements on the site, not your number size.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Weight is not a good guide for determining what size you are. You need a tape measure, and follow ASOS's fit guidelines on where to measure. Typically waist is smallest point and/or where your middle creases when you bend to the side. Hips is typically wherever the largest circumference point is between the top of thighs up to lower belly. Bust is largest circumference point at the nipple (with a good fitting bra on).

And has been said, 50 lbs may be what it takes to completely alter your understanding of your curves and body type. I thought I was severely pear-shaped at 287, and I was...at that weight. Now my shape is more similar to hourglass than pear at 166, and it's been going that way and becoming increasingly more balanced since I was in the low 200's.
    Don't put the cart before the horse, is the moral of the story here.