Doing it right but not getting results

Options
When I started this I was getting results but now even though I run, do yoga and pilates, core and leg workouts. I eat right, very rarely having chocolate or crisps now, however when I weighed myself yesterday my weights gone back up from 14 St 7 to 15 St 6 and I perplexed as to why. My average calorie intake is around 2000 even though my allowance and activity allows almost 3000.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If your weight has up by 13lb then you are over eating.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    ^^ This. If you are gaining weight, then you are taking in more calories than you are burning. which is perfectly possible no matter how "right" you eat, or how much you work out. The best thing to do is figure out why and how that is happening, so you can fix it. The best way to do that is to be religious in your weighing and logging of everything you eat.
  • RicSur
    RicSur Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's what I don't understand though, the app says I can have 2480 before I run or walk the dog, or do my daily workout giving me a net calorie value of around 3000. So what would you suggest I do
  • RicSur
    Options
    I write down everything I do, on here at least.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    That 2480 sounds like what you should eat to maintain your weight. I'm not sure how tall you are, but usually MFP sets it a lot lower if you put that you want to lose weight.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    If you open your diary we can help you more.

What is your height, weight and activity level?
  • RicSur
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall
  • RicSur
    Options
    I run twice a week, and do yoga, pilates, Core, pylometrics, and a range of other workouts
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    RicSur wrote: »
    I run twice a week, and do yoga, pilates, Core, pylometrics, and a range of other workouts

By activity level I mean how active are you in your day to day life? Without including exercise. Do you have a desk job or manual job?
  • RicSur
    Options
    I'm a driver, but I'm running around the yard, cleanjng vans, and when I'm delivering I also do a lot of running around and lifting. I walk the dog twice a day, three at the weekend.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm a driver, but I'm running around the yard, cleanjng vans, and when I'm delivering I also do a lot of running around and lifting. I walk the dog twice a day, three at the weekend.

Then I'd go with around 1950 calories a day and only eat back 25%-50% of your calorie burns as 1000 calories is probably massively over inflated.
    I'll find you the link on how to log your calories right so that you can read it to help tighten up your logging. That will get you losing again.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • RicSur
    Options
    open your diary
    What do you mean? So that you can see it?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    No... If you're not getting results and your goals are realistic, you're not doing it right. Do you weigh all your food?
  • RicSur
    Options
    As best I can I measure, or I'm guided by the weight on packets.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Another vote for eating too much. Besides, yoga and pilates do not burn many calories at all so your burns are possibly over-inflated.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    As best I can I measure, or I'm guided by the weight on packets.

There's your answer right there. Unfortunately, the serving size on packages is just an estimate and isn't 100% accurate.

Get a food scale. It'll be an eye opener.
  • RicSur
    Options
    I'm guided by this and other apps, SWORKIT S health and Runtastic the main three
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Many people go wrong when it comes to measuring. Salad dressing, oil for frying, everything has to be measured and counted. It is very easy to eat more calories than you think you are eating unless you are meticulous about measuring.
    Also there are temporary fluctuations caused by water weight gained and lost. Have you been weighing weekly, and how has your weight trend looked?
  • RicSur
    Options
    According to this app 15 minutes pilates 143 calories. Maybe I'm not as thorough as I thought. So are you suggesting I limit myself to 2000 plus a quarter of what I burn. The app suggests 50 per cent cars 30 protein 20 fats