Husband's Stress Causes me to EAT!!!

Options
I've been wheat free since march 15th, and everything was going awesome/ i was feeling healthy, happy and lost 20 pounds. over the last 2 months, however my husband has been incredibly stressed because of work, and the last 4 days I've fallen off the wagon hard. Friday - Tony roma's bunless burger with fries and gravy. Saturday - tons of frozen yogurt and veggie chips. Sunday Famosa Pizza (remember, I'm wheat free) and then Cheesecake factory cheesecake later that night. and yesterday, because my husband was stressed he suggested we go for blizzards. I got so sick that i barfed it up.

How can i not let my husband's stress transfer to me!!?? i was doing so well, and was so proud of my efforts, and no i feel so guilty and dejected that's i've let myself fall. Today i ordered a fries and gravy for lunch, and I know it's because we're having problems at home. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Replies

• Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Breathe deeply....in .... and out.... First and foremost, keep in mind that someone *else's* stress does not cause you to eat any more than your own stress *causes* you to eat. You eat because your hand moves the food from the plate to your mouth. The real question is "How can I stop my hand from betraying me?!"

By breathing and thinking of something else. By conscientiously making the choice to eat something else, or do something else, or think of something else. Eat at home, rather than going out and I bet it makes a world of difference right there.

Good luck. And remember to breathe!
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day, you can't change what you already had.Start over from your next meal.

Keep at it, you done amazing so far.