Replies

• Kedawat30sonu
    Kedawat30sonu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    plese help my weight gain . Some tips share in hindi

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Start by reading the stickies and set up your account to gain. Also, focus on calorie dense foods such as nuts, nut butters, avocado, cooking foods in oil, starches, yogurt (esp full fat or ones mixed with granola), ice cream, bagel, high sugar fruit, etc...
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I wrote this for someone who was on Adderall and had a hard time eating. Enjoy!
    First off, find out what your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) is. Go on google, put in your age, sex, weight, height, and activity level. This is the number of calories you need to eat to MAINTAIN weight.

To gain weight, you need to eat +500 calories a week for 1lb /week of weight gain. That is probably too hard, so I recommend aiming for +250 calories over your TDEE for 0.5lb / week of weight gain. Track everythign you put in your mouth with a food scale and a my fitness pal account. You NEED to find high caloric foods that are easy to eat. Examples are:

-Spreadables: Peanut butter, nutella, those flavored peanut butter spreads, etc.
    -Liquid: Whole Milk, Olive oil (filled with healthy fats but lots of calories per tablespoon... I used to just take shots when I was underweight and needed more calories before bed).
    -Shakes: I used to make shakes with whole fat milk, olive oil, chocolate protein, peanut butter, bananas, etc. If you don't mind 'dirty' foods, add in ice cream too! You can easily make 1000 calorie shakes if you want!

If you are OK with it, you can 'dirty bulk' meaning having high calorie foods that are not exactly known for being healthy. So things like fast food, ice cream, pizza, whatever. If you don't want that, stick to the things I listed above.

Cheers!

Edit: Just a reminder to track your calories - underweight people overestimate how much they are eating, and overweight people underestimate it. Tracking what you eat will be a full time job, but you need to do it for at least 3 weeks until you have an idea of how much you should eat daily. 3 weeks is what it takes to build a habit / make it routine. GOOD LUCK!