Eating now instead of later?

Options
So sometimes before I head off to work or school, I make sure to eat before I go. A lot of the times, however, I won't be very hungry but I'll eat anyway, just to try and prevent myself from eating junk at work/school. Is there a better way of going about this? I feel like I'm more likely to feel hungry again sooner even if I make sure to eat before I go.

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I think the better plan would be to bring something of quality to snack on, instead of "junk" at work or school.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Bring a lunch bag. That way, you can eat what you like when you're hungry. :)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I try to eat before leaving for work. (Emphasis on the try). When I find I don't have time as I overslept, I take something with me to have at work when I get there. I try to have muffins made to take one of those or cinnamon rolls. I sometimes have the Special K Breakfast Shakes. (I only get them when they go on sale or I have a coupon.) I also try to pack my lunch and take it with me. With my new job I almost need to! There is only one place I can go get something to eat when I don't and most days they don't open to 4. (I work 8:30-5). One habit I am trying to get into is packing my lunch the day before. That way it's ready to go when I'm running late. (Which happens a lot). It also helps make sure that you pack a nice healthy lunch. In the past I've gone as far as pre-logging my lunch, so I know what the calorie count for it will be.
  • gato012002
    gato012002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I often do the same thing, but recently I changed my habits. My strategy is to each healthy snacks throughout the day. My recommendation is to eat nuts: almonds, raisins, etc. that helped me cut-off junk food.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I do not eat in the morning. I eat later when I feel like eating.
    Get some easy containers for packing.
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Yea lately I've started taking stuff with me, it's just normally an inconvenience
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    People at work look at me like I'm nuts because I always bring a bunch of food to work with me. I bring my lunch of course, but I bring tons of snacks (enough to last a couple days). I do it so if I get hungry I always have something good to grab. I also tend to keep a portioned out bag of nuts and/or a protein bar in the glove compartment of my car, for the same reason.

I find it isn't so much of an inconvenience if I pack multiple things in one shot, thus not having to do it daily.