The Man Bun

Options

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This is like my coworker's... (kinda looks like him too)
    635584314783981082380475668_tumblr_neocj1nyzf1u0cj6po1_400.jpg
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    MKC_0342.jpg
  • raychulj22
    raychulj22 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Like any hairstyle, it depends on the person.
    Yes!
    635584314783981082380475668_tumblr_neocj1nyzf1u0cj6po1_400.jpg
    No!
    1417533796_colin-farrell-560.jpg
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    When I had long hair and was doing things where my hair got in the way... I wore one often. Then I cut off all of my hair and donated 14 inches, so no more long hair for me. But I would never buy a fake one. I'd rather take the time to grow my hair back out again.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    I really want to say negative to the man bun. But those guys above :love: :love: :love:
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I like (or love even...) long hair on a bloke and ponytail is ok and also that sort of half-up samurai look thing is good.... but bun alone.... not so much. A bit too not manly enough in my eyes.

I do dig the samurai topknot (without the bald patch at the front!!!)

I like the real rugged "man" look - not the fake groomed neo-lumberjack with a trimmed beard thing - then you look at their hands and they're like softer than mine. Meh.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I spent my 20s in a ski community and saw many a rugged, long-haired mountain man wearing a bun not as a fashion statement but rather for utility when doing rugged, sporty, mountain-man things. Ditto beach sport dudes with buns. Sexy in that context. I find it sort of annoying that this is even a thing. It's just a freaking bun.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I spent my 20s in a ski community and saw many a rugged, long-haired mountain man wearing a bun not as a fashion statement but rather for utility when doing rugged, sporty, mountain-man things. Ditto beach sport dudes with buns. Sexy in that context. I find it sort of annoying that this is even a thing. It's just a freaking bun.

Mmmm, rugged sporty mountain men.

And I agree with the context thing. Necessity bun is way sexier than fashion bun.

• PurringMyrrh
    Options
    When I had long hair and was doing things where my hair got in the way... I wore one often. Then I cut off all of my hair and donated 14 inches, so no more long hair for me. But I would never buy a fake one. I'd rather take the time to grow my hair back out again.

Nice about the hair donation! I have a couple of male friends that did that as well. Was sad to see the locks go, but such an awesome reason.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yes - necessity bun is fine. When I did martial arts there were a couple of guys to bunned their hair during training. That was fine.

Groomed bun in the problem.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    every man i fck has more than long enough hair for a bun

but i honestly dont care how they wear their beautiful hair bun,pony,down,braided whatever
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of them, however it is not my head or my hair so whatever floats your boat.
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Stop it. That is horrible. (says the guy who has no hair)
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    major fan. but I do feel for guys who can't produce one, you're still attractive too lol
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    Yeah, only idiots do those with their hair.
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Definite YAY.

I love them. I think they're totally hot.

Also, it kind of pisses me off when people say they're "not masculine" or whatever. Like, really? It's hair. Whether or not a dude is masculine or not has very little to do with what's atop his head.

Frankly, I love that more and more people are taking things that are traditionally 'feminine' and 'masculine' and making them more gender-neutral, and therefore wearable/useable by all. It's how it should be, IMO.

But back to the man bun. Yes, I love them, and not just because of the aforementioned reasons. They really are very sexy and stylish. Love 'em.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    ewww