High 5!!!
  • tracyb50
    tracyb50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Keep up the awesome work!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Welp, I'm jealous.

Best of luck with the rest of your weight loss. :drinker:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!
  • april3888
    april3888 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are definitely an inspiration :)
    Don't stop!
  • lloulabell
    lloulabell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great work keep it up awsome loss
  • jjmae
    jjmae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You never know how strong you really are, until you face a health crisis!

Reading your message has strengthened my conviction to lose weight. I now eat, read, & practice good health habits. Over 20 years with Type II diabetes, that cannot be controlled by pills anymore: Next step will be using insulin. This is what killed my mother, my aunts, & my grandmother. Not only is it easier to diet, and control your sugar in this century, but with the internet there is so much support, and help.
    No complaints about planning meals. All my children are grown, and I am retired.
    Thank You for your post :flowerforyou:
  • linalovekitty
    Options

I used to eat NOTHING but fast food. I was probably taking in no less than ten to twelve THOUSAND calories a day. And I was about as sedentary as a house. All day every day, sitting around with a cigarette in one hand and a fork in the other. I

6-24_zpsf78eea2b.jpg

amazing transformation!

2 things

1. its funny you mention weight gain and fast food bc my husband and his frat buddies LIVED on nothing but McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Wendy's in college. They all went from in shape young men to gaining 50lbs plus. This was 10 years ago, and now they are all fit BUT the one thing theyve all done is sworn off fast food bc they say it just stuck to them like glue. Infact when my now husband graduated and set out to lose 50lbs 10 years ago, he actually lost 35 of it in 3 weeks bc he stopped eating fast food for every meal.

2. can I ask what a typical meal of fast food looked like for you? or even a typical day. I wonder wahat 10-12 thousand cals looks like
  • 2013claudette
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Your story gives me strength that I will be successful in my weight loss journey!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look awesome and I bet you feel like a million bucks!
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    God Bless thanks for sharing
  • SimpleThingsInLife
    Options
    Very inspiring story. You have made such a turn around. Congrats on both the weight loss and quitting smoking!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lorkilee
    Lorkilee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I was very disheartened yesterday when I stepped on the scale only to see that I had gained weight. But, especially after reading your post, I realize that it is not necessarily about the numbers. It truly is about overall health and well-being. At the end of the day, do I know that I was a good steward of my body? If so, then I shouldn't stress the scale. With that said, does setting a limit - like eat nothing after 6pm - really help? I've never heard of that before, and I wondered what the benefit is. Thank you, again!
  • OhSnap779
    OhSnap779 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Amazing and inspiring! Keep up the fabulous work! :happy:
  • Fredderfy
    Fredderfy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done, I bet you feel so much better for it :)
  • 4pawsmom
    4pawsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats to you!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are looking great. And I have to applaud you on starting the weight loss/healthy lifestyle and quitting smoking at the same time. You know you should never wade into the pool. Just dive right in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!