Mission1 bars

Options
Has anyone tried MuscleTech's Mission1 protein bars? I'm especially curious as to how the cookies and cream flavour is. It was my favourite Quest flavour, but the new formula is pretty meh. I don't hate them now, but I just... don't want to eat them.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    just searched for it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df4k7C5aBT4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lj7pFMK-0E

I haven't personally tried them but the macros are on point, and they look like the soft bars quest used to be. I say order some and go for it.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Just found and bought some last night. Gonna try them out soon!(:
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Just found and bought some last night. Gonna try them out soon!(:

Please report back! I'm interested also in how filling they are relative to Quest or B-up or similar.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I want to try them! On the hunt for a good quest replacement.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried them yet, but probably will today!!!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Well, I tried them after buying some from GNC at their Black Friday sales. I'm not impressed. The texture is good, but the flavour is meh. Edible but not tasty. They have the same weird taste that I found in Oh Yeah! Victory bars and to some extent in new Quest bars - I think this is corn fiber, but I'm not certain of that. I'll finish the box, but won't buy again.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Well, I tried them after buying some from GNC at their Black Friday sales. I'm not impressed. The texture is good, but the flavour is meh. Edible but not tasty. They have the same weird taste that I found in Oh Yeah! Victory bars and to some extent in new Quest bars - I think this is corn fiber, but I'm not certain of that. I'll finish the box, but won't buy again.

I posted my review of these on the nutrition bar topic and forgot to do it here, but I agree with you completely. The texture was better than other protein bars, like the awful taffy texture of Robert Irvine's Fit Elite, but the flavor just was not there. It was very disappointing. The only thing that made them slightly more edible was microwaving them for a few seconds; that helped for the chocolate pieces in the cookie dough bar.