Replies

• pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I also call it a binge because I ate until I felt sick
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    350 cal is NOT a binge, especially if you are still in the green. I am concerned about your relationship with food if you are feeling bad about this and considering this a binge. It seems a little disordered.

Subsequently, if you are "trying" to eat healthy all the time, and are severely restricting yourself you are setting yourself up for binges. I did that for a long time, would try to completely cut "junk" out of my diet and could only do so for about a month at a time, then I would binge (4000 cal - 6000 cal in the red at a time).

What works for me now is to allow for some higher quality "junk" in my diet daily. I still won't eat anything that is a trigger for me wanting more, or foods I lose self control on (ie donuts), but I allow myself to indulge in sweets daily. I work them into my calories. Right now it's a slice of chocolate cheesecake a night (it doesn't have ingredients like high fructose corn syrup etc which seem to trigger me). It's 390 calories and fits within my calorie budget. The rest of the day I eat fairly "clean" - raw fruits and veggies. I no longer have cravings, and I have stopped obsessing about food.

Good luck!

I still get 1450 calories a day. I'm able to eat really healthy meals plus a few snacks. The snacks usually consist of something to get rid of my cravings for a salty savory or sweet food. I don't really feel too restricted I just got distracted by Chinese food and high calorie baked goods
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    While I wouldn't consider it a binge as such your mindset shares much in common with bingeing - guilt, fear, shame, perfectionism, excessive contrition.

There is nothing to make up for or worry about. This says nothing to your worth as a person. It is a learning experience and an opportunity for personal growth. Take it.
  • azgolfgirl
    azgolfgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem like an excessive binge. What I normally do the day after I go a little overboard is focus more on fruit, veggies, and lean proteins. Eliminate most starchy carbs and nosh on homemade veggie soup. It resets me and I carry on as normal the day after. It's all about finding your balance.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I would agree with the general advice of logging and moving on, but also listen to your body. If you're feeling sluggish after the baked goods of yesterday - eat what you would normally eat for a Monday, but perhaps less of it? :) It sounds like you've already done extra cardio to mitigate going over, so really, you're fine!
  • absoluttalent
    absoluttalent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hopefully my binge makes you feel better about your binge.

I went about 2000 over in just beers alone. It's amazing how a couple football games and alcohol add up. I didn't even log most of it.

But today, I'm not sweating it. I'm back on track. Tightened up my logging. Going to do a little walking after work(weather permitting), and move on. You are still in the green, don't worry about it
  • lbaxandall
    lbaxandall Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    DON'T stress and definitely don't "make up for it." SO unhealthy!! Just go with the flow. I just got back from Mexico, where I drank vodka lemonades like it was my day job and ate a plate full of seafood alfredo pasta EVERY NIGHT for supper. Weighed myself today... I'm the same! It happens! Just go with the flow. Obsessing makes for a toxic relationship with food... food is fuel. Treat it as such!
  • chinny88
    chinny88 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did this today too and feel terrible but there's nothing go be done now just have to move on l
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The issue isn't the number of calories you consumed or the source of those calories. The issue is your relationship with food.
  • Carignan16
    Carignan16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    350 calories over? Dont worry about it at all!:) think about it, if youre esting out at places with pre calculated meals for one or two a day, those could be off (plus or minus) by 350 easy. Today i had a cheat day which started after supper time after the gym, and my totald for the day was 7500 calories, which is almost 5000 over my daily intake on a maintananc/slow lean gain phase.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Move on and do better tomorrow.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Log it, move on. Don't beat yourself up over it. I've had days where I've gone over (by a lot more than 350), and the next day I just get back on track. I make sure I get in a good workout the next day, but that's about all I do to "make up" for it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I ate 3000 calories yesterday. That's 1000 over my goal. I still aimed for goal today. And yeah, I felt bad as well.

You can exercise a little more, you can shave off 100 calories here or there throughout the week if you want, or-you can take the hit. You might not lose all you expected to this week but this is not a race.