help please

Options
A friends birthday is on Friday and she is going to have chocolate cake with chocolate frosting can I have a piece or do I have to politely say no thanks

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Have a piece (you can ask for a smaller piece). Just plan your day knowing that you will need the extra calories. Or plan to be over for that day, and know that you can be over and not blow your weight loss plan. You need to be able to enjoy and celebrate throughout. This is how you will know that you can enjoy foods and still be healthy.

On a side note, I am happy you didn't decide to give up :smile:
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Would you like a piece? If so, have a small to medium slice. Work up some exercise calories during the week for it. Enjoy :)
  • angeleyes1978
    angeleyes1978 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah i do miss eating chocolate cakes have not had it for a while
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the cake. :mrgreen:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Have a piece.
    Deprivation never works long-term. You'll tire quickly of the entire process if you deprive and miss out!
  • zayneamer
    zayneamer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You've got to have a piece. :)

If you say you can't, it makes it harder to stick to your plan. I like to eat 80/20 - 80% of the time I eat super well, 20% of the time I have the cake. ;)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Log it! That usually makes me ask for a small piece, but if I haven't had treats in a long while, I'll sometimes get the big piece and plan on not doing it again for a while :)

(Now I can't have the big one due to glucose, actually, but this was back while I was losing weight.)
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I had a small piece of double chocolate gateaux yesterday and don't regret it one little bit - it was a special occasion. If you go down the martyrdom route you'll end up bingeing too often - enjoy your cake!!!
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Have a piece. Save some extra calories for that. There is nothing wrong with having cake.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're an adult, so therefore you can answer your own question. Do you want the cake? If so, eat it and make it work.

If you feel like having a piece of cake does not fit into your goals and you don't want to make it work, then don't eat it.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Do you have some medical condition which contraindicates eating chocolate cake? If not, make a choice and move forward.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    A friends birthday is on Friday and she is going to have chocolate cake with chocolate frosting can I have a piece or do I have to politely say no thanks

You're 37?

Have the cake, log it and move on.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I don't know....what would you like to do?

As for me, I work those kinds of foods into my calorie goals. Everyone is different, though. :)
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I just did a jog through the database on chocolate cake with icing. Seems to range from 300 to 400 calories a slice. There's no way you'll know how many calories are in your friend's birthday cake soooo ... I'd plan for 350 calories.

So plan it into your week, allowing for the cake and then enjoy! Either make adjustments to other meals, or do some extra cardio. This celebratory indulgence won't spoil your progress.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Why did you feel you might have to decline?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're an adult, so therefore you can answer your own question. Do you want the cake? If so, eat it and make it work.

If you feel like having a piece of cake does not fit into your goals and you don't want to make it work, then don't eat it.

This. You don't need permission to eat cake. Life is too short for that nonsense. Enjoy the cake, or don't.