Chicken breast ideas?

Options
I am looking for some new and exciting ways to cook some chicken breasts. Does anyone have any great ideas or recipes?

Replies

• annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Here are a few ways:

- Slice it thin, hammer it out and pan sear / grill / bake it with a little sea salt and pepper and do a mushroom duxelle with tarragon over it and a mustard sauce (chicken stock / mustard/ honey if desired)

- Grill it with some garlic, and add a splash of fresh lemon juice.

- Saute it up with a tbsp of organic peanut butter, some chilies, and some chicken stock with a splash of lime for some chicken satay.

- Bake it in the over and coat it with sriracha sauce (HOLY CRAP GOOD)

- Grilled Chicken Fajitas (Grill the onions, peppers, and chicken all at the same time)

- Decomposed Chicken Pot Pie: Take chicken breast and braise it in chicken stock, add in sugar snap peas, baby carrots, and sweet potatoes and cook until tender. In a bowl mix xanthan gum or arrow root flour with almond, grass fed milk, or coconut milk and make a roux. Mix that into the chicken stock after it has cooked the chicken and simmer until cooked. Take a gluten free biscuit, cut it in half and pour the chicken and vegetable sauce over it. Top with Sea Salt / Pepper to Taste

- Sauteed Thinly Sliced chicken breast with Kale, Garlic, and Pineapple or Mango. Simmer with a little bit of water or white wine. Top with a small pinch of nutmeg and sea salt.

Message me if you ever need anything. I add people in case they want advice.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Chicken Jambalaya

1.5- 2 lb cut up chicken breasts
    1 pkg. turkey smoked sausage
    1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
    1 green pepper cut up
    1 onion cut up
    1cup water
    1T .garlic powder
    1T. onion powder
    1T. cajun seasoning
    1t. black pepper
    1t. cayenne pepper
    1T. salt
    (all seasonings are to taste, this is just the basic)

throw it all in the crockpot 7hrs on low, on the last hour throw in 1c. uncooked rice

or you can put just 1 lb. chicken breasts, and at the last 30 minutes of cooking throw in 1lb. raw shrimp
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    yesterday I marinaded some chicken breasts in Italian dressing and garlic powder and grilled them on the Foreman. It wasn't bad but I didn't let the chicken sit in the marinade for long enough because I was hungry and was probably going to start eating some junk instead of dinner.
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    Chicken Jambalaya

1.5- 2 lb cut up chicken breasts
    1 pkg. turkey smoked sausage
    1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
    1 green pepper cut up
    1 onion cut up
    1cup water
    1T .garlic powder
    1T. onion powder
    1T. cajun seasoning
    1t. black pepper
    1t. cayenne pepper
    1T. salt
    (all seasonings are to taste, this is just the basic)

throw it all in the crockpot 7hrs on low, on the last hour throw in 1c. uncooked rice

or you can put just 1 lb. chicken breasts, and at the last 30 minutes of cooking throw in 1lb. raw shrimp

OMG I may have to make that this weekend!!
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    the easiest simplest thing i do with chicken breast is season them with salt & pepper, chop and add garlic, onions, any herbs of your choice, coat in olive oil. just enough olive oil to lightly coat the chicken, and then i bake it in a baking pan. the chicken comes out flavorful and juicy. it takes no time to bake and it freezes well. as far as making it a full meal, i might add a serving of pasta with this chicken w/ some tomato sauce. also, i might eat this chicken with rice and a veg or potatoes and a veg. its my go to-easy thing to do with chicken breast.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like to pound them flat, brown them un a skillet and put them in the crockpot topped with peach mango salsa or corn and black bean salsa and cook on low in the crockpot for about 6 hrs. Sometimes in the last hour, I will dump rice on top. Other times, no rice but will shred and put on a tortilla with cheddar and small amount of FF sour cream.
  • Ridgemom53
    Ridgemom53 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! It's nice to get some new ideas to get out of a rut.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I love to slice them in half lengthwise and add some montreal steak seasoning to them and pan sear them, delicious
  • mnrunion
    mnrunion Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle dry ranch seasoning and light olive oil then bake until done.