Best/Worst thing about summer...

Options

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    best - feeling 40% more human/alive/happy on any given day regardless of what happens in it, thanks to just sunshine

worst - it's so freaking short :(:(:(
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Best: Swimming all day with the little one home from school Beach/River/Pool/Lake I don't care.
    Worst: Hot steering wheels.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Best. Women wear less
    worst. Humidity
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Best: Swimming, parties, girl's night out, late night talks with close friends
    Worst: I still have a tummy and can't wear a bikini that I like BUT I'm working towards it, and that's enough to motivate me :)
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought of a worst.

A/C that doesn't work!
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Best- so many lose weight easier, tan, summer vacations.
    Worse- here in Korea summer is wet season, monsoon season. I hate the rain messes up summer, belongs in winter.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought of a worst.

A/C that doesn't work!

And my AC just now took a crap. No lie. Just tried flipping the breaker twice to get it to work. No go. Texted hubby that he needs to fix it when he gets home. Stupid AC!:noway: :explode:
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm British so it's like this

Best : the rain is warmer

Worst : its still bloody raining

????
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Best:
    Longer days!
    Camping!

Worst:
    Humidity causing that 'sweaty all the time' feeling.
    Getting up super early to run outside without getting cooked.
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    BIGGGMOMMMA Posts: 190
    Options
    best: nothing

worst: heat heat heat
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Best: less clothing and fruits
    Worst: the HEAT, somedays its too hot for me to walk and if I do push through it and walk im sucked of energy after :/
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Best: Beaches, swimming, kids can stay in the yard longer, fresh fruits and veggies

Worst: mosquitoes, heat, my house stays a mess b/c my kids are home!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Best: The heat! Last year I was 60lbs heavier.. I couldn't handle the heat!! Camping/swimming/easier to exercise outdoors - I don't live in a hot-hot-hot area

Worst: Bugs, the hair-enlarging humidity, the endless events that are surrounded by food that truly test my ability to say no (and the last 2 weeks have been difficult, to say the least!!)

Ohh and everyone complaining about the heat, come to Nova Scotia!! We get a few weeks of hot, and then it's cool/raining again!! It's +13 here (56 F) at the moment. I'll take the heat!
  • hautetheory
    Options
    Best: LA Farmers Markets and events around the city. But I don't really like summer. I'm a SoCal girl who has great weather basically all year long and the summer is too damn hot.

Worst: THE HEAT! Sweating, bugs, people wearing clothes that are waaaayyyy to small or inappropriate for them. Leather car seats that burn your legs. My ugly natural tan. Can't get my hair pressed because as soon as I walk out the shop it's done for. Greasy *kitten* sunscreen.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Best: Camping, sitting on the back porch with a cold drink, longer days, more time outside.

Worst: It ends too soon
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Best: Less Clothing
    Worst: Still having to go to work.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    best: everything
    worst: nothing

I live in Alaska, i hvae summer and winter. Only seasons. I love everything about summer because the damn snow is gone and warm.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Best: dresses! long days!

worst: not being able to run outside once it hits July (over 100 degrees, no thanks)
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Best: warm, sunny days. Longer daytime hours, barely anyone on campus.

Worst: HOT days. Today we are slotted for 109F at our peak temp. yay..... /sarcasm
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Best: Long days!
    Worst: Hayfever and Sun burn.