Replies

• jhenan
    jhenan Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes love it and been stuck on my Greek yogurt instead of making a pie
  • trossk2
    trossk2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Once a year I believe I actually like it. Then, once it's too late, I'm reminded I only every really liked the whipped cream.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I don't like it but my family does so I make it for them.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie isn't really a thing here in Australia, pumpkin is usually reserved for savoury dishes (roasted by itself as a side dish or in a risotto, for example). I've tried both pumpkin and sweet potato pie while in the US and I thought they were both just okay. I would definitely take pecan pie over pumpkin, though that is something that I can easily get here.
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I live for pumpkin pie

^^ YAS! Same!
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    oh my amazingggg :p
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Here in South Africa Woolworths makes a Pumpkin Pie that I could live off. If you look back at my diary, particularly last month - I practically do.

I have never been sure if it tastes anything like American Pumpkin Pie though as it is not all that sweet and the idea of serving it (and ruining it) with whipped cream seems revolting to me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie is on the top of my "when I get my new oven" baking. Specifically, this recipe, which I have used many times with great success in Australia (where Pumpkin is considered a vegetable and not for dessert):
    stealthq wrote: »
    Love pumpkin pie. This one is very delicately spiced, super smooth, and has a nice complexity if you let the sugar caramelize enough:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/caramel-pumpkin-pie-236428

(Personally, I like a more heavily spiced pumpkin pie and add more spice. The recipe can take it, and you still detect the burnt sugar notes.)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I think it's a love it or hate it thing.

My husband hates it.... which is fine, because I'm not sharing.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    [/quote]
    I adore all things pumpkin, especially pie.
    I'm trying to find or create a low cal pumpkin muffin or loaf. [/quote]

^^ Me too! Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream on top. The best pie ever!

Lower calorie pumpkin muffin 1 spice cake mix (or any kind of cake mix you like will work) 1 can of pumpkin. Mix together until well blended bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Makes 18. 114 calories each. I wrap them individually when they are cool and put them in a gallon size zip lock bag and freeze. I have one for my morning snack today. Chobani pumpkin spice yogurt for breakfast..............is there a theme here? Yeah, I'm one of the pumpkin spice anything lovers. Live for this time of the year!

• juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I adore all things pumpkin, especially pie.
    I'm trying to find or create a low cal pumpkin muffin or loaf. [/quote]

^^ Me too! Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream on top. The best pie ever!

Lower calorie pumpkin muffin 1 spice cake mix (or any kind of cake mix you like will work) 1 can of pumpkin. Mix together until well blended bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Makes 18. 114 calories each. I wrap them individually when they are cool and put them in a gallon size zip lock bag and freeze. I have one for my morning snack today. Chobani pumpkin spice yogurt for breakfast..............is there a theme here? Yeah, I'm one of the pumpkin spice anything lovers. Live for this time of the year!

[/quote]

Yum! Thank you
  • CharlotteALC93
    CharlotteALC93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love them, think they taste of egg custard tarts.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Making pumpkin pie tomorrow with home made crust & whipped cream.....don't forget a light dusting of cinnamon sugar.We,love it & so does the family. This way we can have our fill.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin is the only pie I like; but it needs to be homemade...not store bought. I'm picky.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    ❤️ pumpkin pie :)
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Love it, but I like pecan better, so if I was one of those 'normal' people who only have one piece, it would be pecan.

Me, I'd have a 1/2 slice of each...adore pecan pie too!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    If it's homemade and spicy and therefore not ridiculously sweet, then it's delicious. My mom always made enough for us to each have our own pies. Also only with real whipped cream and not the canned or frozen chemical filled/tasting stuff. Whipped cream is so easy and fast to make and SO much better than pre-made.

I love pumpkin in a lot of things....but not the current over-processed pumpkin spice craze lol. Give me freshly roasted pumpkin as an ingredient in both savory and sweet dishes.
  • racheladkins2002
    racheladkins2002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Costco pumpkin pie = delish!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    pumpkin pie isn't my favorite but I do love my pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust and caramel sauce drizzled on top
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It's a hit in my family, but it has to be my mother that makes them. Normally she makes 2 for about 16 people. There is never any left over. Cream makes it better ;-)