What's Your Favorite Lazy Recipes?

Options

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Crock pot or casserole one dish dinners are great.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Stir fries and omelettes are my go to quick meals.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    A baked potato with baked beans on top.Add a bit of diced onion & green (or hot ) pepper.I have a small salad or cottage cheese on the side.A filling meal.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Stouffers Lasagna
  • leahmcintosh1
    leahmcintosh1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Frozen chicken breasts, frozen corn and a jar of salsa. Throw into the crockpot on low while at the office then shred chicken. You can put over rice, on tortillas, plain, on salad. Add black beans, jalapeño etc. Very easy and versatile.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pizza :smiley:
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    A can of tuna chunks + chopped tomatoes + balsamic vinegar
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    A curry with rice during the week because it is very quick to make. The rice can take up to 20 minutes to make, but you can make the curry during that time.

Spaghetti Bologna is another quick dish to make, which also takes around 20 minutes to make.

Last night I made couscous with spinach, mushrooms, green beans and coriander. I baked some falafels in the oven for around 15 minutes. Very filling and delicious and this dish will last for the week.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Fry up some hamburger with onions and garlic, mix that into some cooked elbow macaroni and a can or two of tomato soup with about 1/4 cup of milk.

It was my mom's "chop suey" that she threw together on busy days. Sounds weird but is tasty.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Salad mix or spinach mix plus 1/2 cup navy beans (or cannellini beans) 1 oz shredded cheese, 1 egg scrambled in the pan (or 1 boiled egg) 1 oz croutons (or 1 slice of bread toasted and cut into cubes) + 2 tbsp. favorite salad dressing. Toss it all together and voila.

Cook 1/2 cup rice (takes about 20 min). Cook a bag of stir fry veggies (or any preference of frozen veg) in a pan with a little soy sauce, garlic and water. Once cooked, remove from pan and scramble 1 egg in the same pan. Once the egg is cooked, add rice and veggies to pan and toss.

Take a slice of naan bread and top with feta or cottage cheese, parmesan, spinach, tomatoes and leftover meat if you prefer. Place in broiler for 5-6 min or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Throw a few chicken breasts in a crockpot with a jar or two of your favorite salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred with a fork. You can sub in BBQ sauce if that's more your style.

How have I never heard of this/done this before?!

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Throw a few chicken breasts in a crockpot with a jar or two of your favorite salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred with a fork. You can sub in BBQ sauce if that's more your style.

How have I never heard of this/done this before?!

I blatantly stole the idea from @exwilson and it was an epiphany for me, too.
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options

I do this rather frequently with the salsa. Sometimes I add a can of black beans and/or a bag of frozen corn just to add some more "meat" to the dish. I also add a bit of taco seasoning for a little added flavor. I make my own taco seasoning mix, so I just kind of sprinkle a bit around in the crockpot. It is awesome over brown rice, in tacos, in quesadillas, over salad, etc. and it's great leftover! It is so yummy!
  • liftingwateringcan
    liftingwateringcan Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I do this rather frequently with the salsa. Sometimes I add a can of black beans and/or a bag of frozen corn just to add some more "meat" to the dish. I also add a bit of taco seasoning for a little added flavor. I make my own taco seasoning mix, so I just kind of sprinkle a bit around in the crockpot. It is awesome over brown rice, in tacos, in quesadillas, over salad, etc. and it's great leftover! It is so yummy!

Mmmm, think l'll give this a try!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13999/quick-black-beans-and-rice/

top it with some avocado if you want mmm
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Any yummy oatmeal combination.

Big yogurt parfait

Salad

Omelette

Can of tuna with microwave veggis

Stirfry of frozen veggies topped with sunny side up eggs

Sandwich
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    stirfry frozen veggies with some type of protein usually lean ground beef or cooked chicken
  • brobinson65
    brobinson65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Get a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store and whole wheat tortillas. Low fat shredded cheese, guacamole and salsa. Tacos! A meal for a few days if you repurpose the chicken, you can make a lot of stuff. Chicken over brown rice with broccoli, quesadillas, or throw it in some pasta and add salsa