low calorie camping meals?

Options
Hi! Today is my first day counting calories since I went off track a few months ago. I live in a small school bus with a propane stove and currently no fridge/cooler. I would love to hear suggestions for meals or snacks that would be easy to make with limited kitchen supplies. I'm getting a fridge soon but won't have a freezer. I prefer clean eating to packaged stuff but my choices are a bit limited, especially in the winter. Let me know what your ideas are! Also feel free to add me.

Replies

• MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hobo meals would probably work. You basically just wrap up veggies and meat in tinfoil, and bake it over a fire, or the stove. I make them when camping. Chicken, veggies, some seasonings and it comes out pretty tasty.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I love experimenting with cooking in campfire coals. This time of year we do Stuffed squash with rice, protein of your choice mushrooms and other veggies with aa can of diced tomatoes for extra liquid for the rice wrapped in foil and covered by the coals. Maybe a little cheese on top. So delish!
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    And remember since your camping you will probably be more active and burning a lot more calories so you may realize you don't have to worry about really low calorie meals. I know when we go camping we are exploring, fishing, swimming and go go going