Jell-o

Options
Hey guys!

So I found this Jell-o at the grocery store and I thought I'd try it to crave my sweet tooth. I wanted to know if anyone else had tried it before and if it's decent to include in my diet (I mean, there's basically no nutrition I'm talking psychologically good.)

I do get sweets from a lot of fruits but I don't like packing anything but bananas to work and I'm not a big apple/orange guy. Berries get squished in my bag :(

So it's 0 fat, 0 trams fat, 45mg of sodium, 0 carbs 0 sugar, 1g of protein. It uses aspartame as a substitute for sugar (downer, wish it was stevia.)

So this is more for my mental health because no sweets in 2 months is killing me. What do you guys do to satisfy the sweet tooth?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and fruit.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever it is that I am craving. In the overall context of my diet eating a piece of cake or even a Twinkie isn't going to cause me harm physically.
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a Jell-O person, but some people like it. You can make your own Jell-O with plain glycerin and fruit juice (or stevia plus flavoring).

Is there a recipe online somewhere? I'm not much of a cook but I discovered this weekend I can actually cook. So used to buying things pre made that you just have to heat up, attempted to cook and I made chicken parm and some chicken with sriracha and honey sauce which was absolutely delicious.
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a Jell-O person, but some people like it. You can make your own Jell-O with plain glycerin and fruit juice (or stevia plus flavoring).

Is there a recipe online somewhere? I'm not much of a cook but I discovered this weekend I can actually cook. So used to buying things pre made that you just have to heat up, attempted to cook and I made chicken parm and some chicken with sriracha and honey sauce which was absolutely delicious.

Here's two:

http://detoxinista.com/2013/08/homemade-jello/
    http://www.superhealthykids.com/healthy-homemade-jello-recipe/

Thanks!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Sweet protein shakes, fage yogurt with add-ins like oreos, peanut butter cheerios, keebler elf cookies, chocolate chips, brownies, etc...