5'7 ladies

Options
2»

Replies

• tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    That's great info. I'd like to get better at yoga and maybe some sort of dance fitness and get certified to do group exercise. Eventually..I figure its a great way to force myself to continue exercising and might help me bring in a little extra mulah.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    taracan25 wrote: »
    I'm going for upper 140's. I was 144 before and felt/looked great there before. I have a med/large frame, hourglasses type (when thinner lol).

We sound similar. I have a medium to large frame sorta hourglass sorta pear and I'm think I'll aim for 135-145 [

I have a very similar figure to yours by the sounds of things, I carry a bit more weight on my hips/bum area than my top half, but not sure if it's enough to count as a full pear shape (so I'm probably somewhere inbetween).

I'm currently 160 ish and maintaining (not really intentionally, but as 160 was my 1st goal weight I've become a little complacent). That translates as a size 10/12 in UK sizes (depending on brand/material/item etc)

My next goal weight is 145 so I'm mid-range for BMI. I was 155ish at one point and really liked that weight, but I was 17 at the time so I could well look completely different at that weight now. I'm mostly just seeing how I feel as I lose and will stop once I'm comfortable/happy :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    That's great info. I'd like to get better at yoga and maybe some sort of dance fitness and get certified to do group exercise. Eventually..I figure its a great way to force myself to continue exercising and might help me bring in a little extra mulah.

Ya, my appetite doesn't recognize I need less calories when I'm less active, and being at a healthy weight was so much easier when I had active jobs.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    I'm going for upper 140's. I was 144 before and felt/looked great there before. I have a med/large frame, hourglasses type (when thinner lol).

We sound similar. I have a medium to large frame sorta hourglass sorta pear and I'm think I'll aim for 135-145 [

I have a very similar figure to yours by the sounds of things, I carry a bit more weight on my hips/bum area than my top half, but not sure if it's enough to count as a full pear shape (so I'm probably somewhere inbetween).

I'm currently 160 ish and maintaining (not really intentionally, but as 160 was my 1st goal weight I've become a little complacent). That translates as a size 10/12 in UK sizes (depending on brand/material/item etc)

My next goal weight is 145 so I'm mid-range for BMI. I was 155ish at one point and really liked that weight, but I was 17 at the time so I could well look completely different at that weight now. I'm mostly just seeing how I feel as I lose and will stop once I'm comfortable/happy :)

Yes! According to measurements, I'm wider in my hips than my shoulders but if you look at me, I look hourglass. I've never been thin so there is something very appealing about being in the 130s but more than anything I just want to like the way I look and feel comfortable with myself. That might be higher than 130s and if it is, I won't push myself to lose more. It sounds like the 140s may be better for me because I'm planning to try to maintain my LBM with strength training.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Ya, my appetite doesn't recognize I need less calories when I'm less active, and being at a healthy weight was so much easier when I had active jobs.

I'm a children's therapist so most of my work is sit down. There was a brief period when I was doing Intensive in Home when I could take kids for a walk as part of our time together but I'm hoping those days are long gone. My stuff is mostly sitting in an office so I'll need to keep myself active. Plus, we don't make a great amount of money so I figure teaching group exercise kills two birds with one stone
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure on frame size but ideally I'd like to be 118-125. Obviously would revaluate if I was happy with how I looked. All a process
  • lianachu13
    lianachu13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm right around 150 and I'm pretty slender at this weight. I doubt I'll get much smaller size wise, I'm just looking to lose some residual fat.
  • wanda601
    wanda601 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and medium frame. I think a lot of it depends on your age. When I was 18, I weighed 130#. When I was 35, I weighed 160#. Then I gained up to 256.5#! I'm on my way back down now and at age 61, I'm aiming for 156. A 100# weight loss. I'll see how I feel at that point, but am thinking it will be pretty good. Sometimes if you aim too low, you can't keep it there and end up gaining it back. I don't want to put myself in that position either.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm happy about 135ish. That puts me at a size six-ish. I have big boobs and a good butt, but a mommy tummy.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", large framed. 145-155 is a really good weight range for me.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5'7" here. I've weighed as much as 230lbs and as low as 125lbs. At 125lbs I was a skeleton, I looked disgusting and every bone showed, but I wore a size 5 because I have a larger hip size. I'm currently 138lbs and it's too thin still. I went too far with my dieting I'd say and now I'm looking to add about 10lbs of muscle. I'm at 21% BF so I definitely think I'm lean enough for a bulk (which I've never done before, it's nerve racking doing the opposite of dieting!)

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' with a large frame, and the lightest I've been was 165lbs (not happy with it.) I'd like to see what I look like at 117lbs so I might aim for that, but we'll see. I have no boobs to speak of so I don't care if everything goes. But depending on how much I get into lifting, I don't mind if I weigh a little more at my goal if I gain more muscle...