Heyyyyy....

Heyyyy Ladies and Gents of MFP!

My name is Sam. I am 35 and reside in the beautiful state of California. I am a SAHM Wifey and Mama of (5 kiddos + 2 fur babies+ 1 fish ;)) <3 I am returning to MFP after a wayyy too long hiatus (a year and a half maybe?). Here is the short version of my story...
In 2011 about a month before my youngest daughter was turning a year old, I decided that I was sick and tired of being fat and out of shape and feeling ugly and uncomfortable in the skin that I was in (I was depressed). I was weighing in at my heaviest weight of my entire life at about 225 lbs (could have been more, but that was my last weight at the dr's office). I had just recently bought my first super smart phone and was looking for an diet and fitness app that would change my life...and guess what?? I totally did!!! MFP of course! Right before my 1 year anniversary with MFP; I had lost a whopping 100 pounds! My self confidence had received a small boost, I was infatuated with my new wardrobe (especially my bikini collection); more than that though...I became infatuated and obsessed with the number on the scale! This did horrid things to my mojo. I started making unhealthy choices with food and exercise. I started gaining weight back slowly over the next year and then, I just gave up after that...I let myself go. And with doing that I gained back a ridiculous amount of weight (58 pounds). That also did horrid things to my mojo (my self esteem was totally in the garbage). I have done some soul searching over the last year though...and I have learned a few things about myself. I am ready for this commitment again; and to create healthy habits (the scale will NOT be such a big part of my life). I have gained strength form some amazing women that inspire me, not only to set healthy goals and crush them, and to love myself (no matter the number on the scale or the size of my jeans). They have inspired me to wear my battle scars proudly...because I have earned them!
I hope that I can make some great friends on here this time around like I did when I was here before. I love being a cheerleader for BADASSERY (big or small). Everyone here=AWESOMENESS though; because we have made the choice to make a change! Have a FAB day, and remember...YOU ROCK <3

Ps. I could use a few cheerleaders myself. So if you want to be buds...hit me up. Haha!

Replies

• scott2124
    scott2124 Posts: 3 Member
    My name is Scott. I am from Nova Scotia, Canada. I just started using this site to keep my eating under control lol I am a rather fit guy but I am finding all the working out I do is pointless when I eat so much. So using this site to eat more healthy and make my workouts count. So far I find it great and hopefully I can stay on track with it!!!!